Pioneer Receiver Volume Showing 115%

I’m using the built in Pioneer Receiver device. When I have it at a normal listening volume, it’s showing 115% for the .Volume capability.

There currently isn’t any volume scaling applied to devices using the ISCP protocol. My Onkyo is already in a 0-100 range so I had assumed most receivers used the same. I do believe that they have some min & max volume settings I can look at to scale it to a normal 0-100 value for you.

Just out of curiosity, what is the entire volume range for your Pioneer? Is it 0-150?

The Home Remote shows 0-200%

I have a similar issue with the Onkyo TX-NR757 that I added. It appears to go 0-200 as I’m seeing around 90-120% at normal listening levels. Is there a way to fix this? Which model Onkyo do you have Bill?

I have the Onkyo TX-NR575

I’ll look in the settings for the receiver to see if there is anything I might be able to change to make it work differently.

For what it’s worth, I think this page describes the likely issue - both for Onkyo and Pioneer receivers.

I will look into it. The Home Remote should probably scale your volume levels down to the 0-100 range.

1 Like