Can set dimmable light via VeraLite, but reading fails "after a while"

smh. I was not specifying https:// on the internal device address, just the numeric internal address. Adding that prefix seems to have fixed the problem.

I don’t know. Something is still not right. The “Host” you supply the Home Remote is only the numeric IP address or host name. It should not include HTTPS. What’s likely happening now for you is that the local connection is failing immediately since you’ve supplied an invalid host. So it’s then just defaulting to the external cloud connection. That could be a solution for you if you’re fine with it always using the cloud connection.

Based on what you’re saying, for me to find the bug, you’re gonna have to set up port forwarding. If you aren’t seeing the issue through MIOS cloud then I won’t either. It’s strange that the issue only happens when using a direct connection.

Looks like you’re right. I supplied a nonsense host and things worked, so the fallback scenario you described sounds likely.

I’ll set up the port forwarding soon – I’ll need to spend some time on my day job first!

I can maybe try to get by without access. Can you send me the entire JSON from the local SDATA response?

It’s possible the bug is in the initial call to load the SDATA. Although based on your observation that it shows 51% for a short time kind of leads me to believe it’s on one of the following calls when it passes in the dataversion parameter. If that’s the case, I am going to need to actually connect to your hub.

Don’t worry about it tonight. It’s past my bedtime too:)

I loaded the data you sent & that was fine.

Do you have the latest firmware on your VeraLite?

My VeraLite is running version 1.7.1040 & that appears to be the latest.

It’s probably the following requests that are using the loadtime, dataversion, timeout, & minimumdelay parameters. Old firmware might not support those parameters locally.

http://192.168.2.23:3480/data_request?id=sdata&loadtime=1609634096&dataversion=634100831&timeout=60&minimumdelay=2000

I noticed that your firmware version is actually in the SDATA you posted last night. You are still running version 1.5. That is very old. Please update your firmware. I have the same VeraLite you have & I am running 1.7.1040.

I had looked earlier at the firmware – but I did so via the VeraLite device itself, which claimed it was up-to-date:

But when I connected through getvera.com it said my unit had an update available (1.7.902). I installed that and now things seem to be working much better from the simple test project and my full HR one. (After that update the device itself now says there’s another update available, 1.7.1040 as you mentioned. I’ll deal with that at some point soon!)

Sorry for the rathole and thanks for the help along the way.

1 Like