EXE says "you must install missing frameworks"

Hi. Installed the designer on Windows 10.0.19043 and did the requested .NET installation.

When I try to launch the designer, it displays a dialog box stating “You must install missing frameworks for .NET. Would you like to download it now?”

I click “Yes” and the dialog box disappears but I see nothing else…no outward evidence that a download is happening.

I wait a few minutes hoping that something is happening in the background, but retrying the launch gives the same dialog box.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

• Tim

Hi Tim:
I don’t have a solution for this but just so you know I am getting the same message when trying to install Home Designer and have tried all the tips about installing missing frameworks with no change in outcome.
Problem reported and expect we will hear back.
Regards,
Bill

You need the .NET Desktop Runtime 6.0

That solved it for me. Sent PM of screenshot which does not contain the same descriptive information as it used to.

Link to .Net Desktop Runtime 6.0:

Regards,
Bill

@beatonnz Thanks for chiming in. You and I might be facing different issues.

I did get the prompt about .NET 6.0.7 but that was during the installation IIRC. I downloaded and installed that and it’s there, according to dotnet --list-runtimes.

It’s after that, when trying to launch the designer itself, that I’m getting the message I noted earlier. I’ll try attaching the image here.

@Bill Is there a way I can capture more information about what it’s looking for that it’s not finding? With a little help I could probably manually install whatever it needs.

Thanks.

• Tim

Looks like I incorrectly downloaded and installed the console, not the desktop, .NET variant the first time. Just now I made sure to download and install the desktop one and now the designer starts up fine.

Sorry for the false alarm, but maybe if someone else makes the same error they’ll find this thread and avoid my mistake!