How to use DataTrigger to activate a collection of Actions

You have the wrong control selected. The Grid does not have a Device property. Only a PageBrowser has the Device property.

Great I could see it now.

I need however to make some mapping between the MQTT values and the Device settings.
For example:
MQTT values “Netflix”, “Plex”, “Prime” should set the Device to “AppleTV”
and
MQTT values “TF1” “CNN”, “BBC” should set the Device to “STB”
Any recommendation on how to do that?

Add DataTriggers for all 6 of those values. Have the Setter for your 1st 3 set the Device to AppleTV. Have the Setter for the next 3 set the Device to STB.

It works great. It is so simple and so efficient. Many thanks Bill

I claim victory a little too quickly. I have a small side effect when using it with my smartphone.

The HR application resets the MQTT value when it comes back on screen (either the smartphone going in sleep mode or when switching between applications).

The MQTT value is set either by the HR application or by an external event (Alexa+openhab). When HR is back on screen it uses the last value it sets MQTT to regardless if MQTT was set before to a different value by the external event.

I have tried to play with the retain option in the MQTTvariable properties but with no effect

The Home Remote closes all of its connections when it goes into sleep mode or when you switch apps.

But why is it not using the last known MQTT value before going in sleep mode when it is back on?

It always reads in the current topic value. It really sounds like your server is ignoring the Retain option. Add a simple Label to your page & see what it shows. Labels help a lot when troubleshooting like these.

A lot could have happened in the time the connections were closed. It can’t assume that your topics have the last values. They could have changed in that time.

I have a label bind to MQTT. It shows the last known MQTT value, for example the one set by Alexa, before going in sleep and always shows the last one set by HR when it is back on screen

I monitor MQTT with mqtt.fx and their is no other activity

If it’s showing the last known value when you revisit the app, then what’s the issue?

Not the last known but always the last value set by HR ignoring the one set by Alexa despite it was known and visible before going in sleep

It sounds like you have Retain enabled for Home Remote but not Alexa. Have you updated Alexa so she applies Retain to her publish commands?

Just because you have Retain enabled in Home Remote doesn’t mean all other services are going to apply Retain to their commands. Home Remote has no control over how they publish messages to your server.

You are right. That was it…
Sorry to take your time for my lack of understandings

No problem, that’s OK:)