IP Cameras not loading initially with Combo Box

I have a list of IP cameras that are loaded into a Media Element via binding with a Combo Box. What I’m finding is that both the default value selected camera doesn’t load when the screen is first loaded and if I select another camera via the Combo Box - nothing. Only after 2 selections do the video feeds start to display. They then work properly from there. If I reload the screen or wake it up, then I have the issue all over again.

This is happening on Android (using a Kindle Fire Tablet)

@bill what’s the difference between using the RSTP stream directly and creating an IP Camera device?

It seems if I set the default value of my combo box to the IP Camera.stream, the video loads when my screen loads. But if I put in the RTSP stream directly it doesn’t.

Also, is there a way to use the IP Camera.stream for values in a combo box instead of the RTSP stream directly?

I’m not sure why they would behave differently. Internally they are handled processed a little differently, but from a user standpoint, I thought they should behave the same.

I don’t believe so. What I recommend you do is add a PageBrowser to your design & do exactly what you are doing here in this other example you shared. Just create a simple XAML page with only your MediaElement & a Source binding to @Device.Stream

Okay. I’ll give that a try. As a side note: now the videos are loading the first time (I didn’t make any changes to the cameras) but I’m getting a message now every time I select a camera: “The method or operation is not implemented”.

Weird stuff.

I tried using the Page Browser and @Device.Stream as you suggested and set it up the same way I did for the Chromecast Combo Box, but all I get is a black screen with every selection. No video stream appears.