ISY994i Plugin Ver 8.0

I created my first Polyglot node server(RussoundRIO) based off a Russound RNET node server and am working on incorporating Node servers into this plugin. This would allow any devices you utilize through polyglot to be seen in your home remote. Ideally you would be better off developing a plugin for your devices for home remote to eliminate the middle man but thats not an option for everyone. As of right now you can only see the data(value of nodes) but cannot send changes or commands back to the node sever as ISY has no rest api for getting the avail commands. So I am looking into allowing custom commands like Programs(PCommand) mentioned above has. This would allow you to use the commands from your node server and make changes to your device through ISY, Polyglot, and to you device.

1 Like

Thanks for the help with this, much appreciated.

I’m still having trouble getting my variables to update with the plugin v8.5.

What ver of firmware is your ISY?

My ISY version is 5.3.0

Hello all. I’m new to The Home Remote, migrating from iRule. The ISY plugin looks terrific, but I’m struggling to get it integrated. So far I’ve managed to turn dimmers on, off and set a level, but it’s a tough slog. I don’t suppose there’s any documentation, is there?
Bob

Not really. If you have any questions, someone here likely knows the answer and can help.

I had been using the previous version with success, but I needed the variables that was added. They work great. But all the 6 or 8 button switches I had setup before are gone. Only the primary button shows. None of the others. No matter how many times I sync they will not show up. What am I doing wrong?

UPDATE; I see this in the code
// MultiButton Device-Only main button is Controllable, other buttons can only be controlled by scenes!
The problem is I use these other buttons for feedback. The scenes do not give the on off feedback so I can for example control an image. Unless I am missing another way to do this. I tried every scene option in a label and non change when that button is pushed.
For context. This is a scene with one of these other buttons and and a fan controller. Have not figured a way to get feedback for status. I used the other button in the previous version (8.0)

I believe this was a firmware change with isy. Been busy with work but will try to confirm this as soon as I can.

Just so you know I made no changes to ISY from using 8.0 and going to 8.5. So it did work with ISY firmware 5.3.0

So after going back through my notes. You cannot control secondary buttons on devices. The isy network sends an error back. That is why I removed them from syncing. I am not sure what I want to do with this. I could maybe have it create a status device that has no commands kind of like a motion detector. Would be on or off. I will have to go back through the default devices bill has and see what fits best for this. I did test and isy will send an update status so I could see a use case for it. I should be able to update it and upload this weekend.

Thank you so much Jim. That is what I used it for since my scene only has the fan module and one of these other switches in it.

Plugin update 8_6 released. The new added devices are status only devices but should allow you to continue using them as you were before.

Thanks very much for this. I tried to import the plugin and get “Unexpected end of input” I also tried pasting the code and get the same error.

I added a } to the end of the file and it imported. But I cannot confirm everything else works…

Jim I hope I am just doing something wrong. I cannot turn a scene on or off now. I setup 2 labels one for the scene and the other for the “other button” The other button gives the correct feedback just like I need and the scene switch just says Unknown. If I try to toggle the scene on nothing happens.
I know you do this as a hobby and I really appreciate it. Just wanted to give you some feedback. I would help if I understood more about what is really going on :slight_smile:

I fixed the plugin above. Copy and pasted in a hurry and must have missed the last bracket.

As far as scenes they are only toggle. there is no status returned from ISY. If you look at SceneTile.xaml in the designer you will see how scenes are changed. Basically any call with device type scene will just toggle that scene. Its the way Bill setup Scenes. I Design my plugins to try and stay as close to Bills default xaml files as possible. This allows for easy changing of devices without having to redesign interfaces. So sending the same Scene command should toggle the scene on and off. If you try to use logic and create a toggle using the Switch value they could easily become out of sync as ISY doesn’t send Scene changes. So I stayed away from this.

If there is a situation that you need to send an On or Off command to a scene I can make some changes to do that but remember there is no feedback for scenes so you cant setup a status to show the value of the scene.

Sorry Jim, I do not think I am explaining it correctly. The short explanation is if I load 8.5 I can toggle the scene. If I load 8.6 I cannot toggle the same scene. The same scene also works in 8.0 along with the “other switches”

I’ll take a look. Shouldn’t have effected anything else.

I double checked all three versions and I dont see any difference in the code for Scenes. Not sure what it could be. I also redownloaded the 8_6 then clicked new in Homeremote designer to create a default UI and then imported the plugin, added credentials and synchronized. Then clicked on home and then add devices, added two scenes and tested them and they both worked. Just check and make sure your not sending Switch command. Should be Device.Scene for the trigger

Wow Jim. You are right. When I changed it to scene it worked. In my defense both 8.0 and 8.5 work when I use “Scene_Livingfanlow.Switch” and that does not work in 8.6. Just an FYI. Thank you very much for the support you provide for me and the community.