Page Browser Loading Media Control for Item in a Device Browser

Been struggling with this for a several days now and as a newbie, I am having difficulty with some of the logic here. I have a device browser called “test” and a page browser called “mediacontroller” (page setting of “MediaControllerDetails.xaml”). I am trying to get the page browser to display MediaControllerdetails.xaml for whatever device in the device browser is clicked. I have created the below property action on the device browser.

I have disabled the loading of the detail for the device collection tiles, but when I run it and click one of the device tiles, the mediacontroller displays, but none of the buttons on the mediacontroller are clickable. So I assume the properties of the mediacontroller are not being set to the device browser item I click. Just not sure how to make this work.

I’m not for sure if what you are doing is going to be possible. However one thing is for certain, @device is incorrect. It’s @Device. Everything is case sensitive.

Ok… I did correct @Device to no avail… So device collection (with default tile behavior), if I clicked on one of those tiles, it would flip the screen to a whole page loaded with the details xaml… I am just trying to get those same details to populate in page browser window on the home screen so the screen doesn’t change. Its a no go?

Is this any different than what we were talking about in this other discussion?

Post a sample I can look at & test so I can better understand what it is you are trying to do.

No. Same thing. It had been several days and wasn’t sure how closely an old thread would be watched. And I didn’t like how I had explained the situation, so thought I would take a slightly different approach. If it cant be done, I will think of a different way to do it. Just seemed that if it could load on a separate screen, why not on the same screen in page browser. And still using my training wheels, I wasn’t sure I understood. Just want to be sure before I abandoned my strategy and did something different.

The contents of your DeviceBrowser will not be able to interact with the PageBrowser on this screen. A better combination for this scenario is going to be a GridView & PageBrowser.

Well…at least I know why I have been struggling with it all week. lol. And with the grid view, would that be manually populating the grid with each of the devices and using click actions on those to set the property for the page browser?

Yeah, I’m not sure what’s the best solution for your problem. The main thing that you need to understand here is that your Tile XAML page can’t access your main XAML page. The only accessible elements are those in your page where the action is actually defined.

I think I understand. I think I will try to use an even more similar approach to that of @Tarkus in his page browser video and see how I make out with that. Hopefully, I can get this last piece without having to go to the well again. Thank you once again.