Problems with NETATMO thermostat

Hi everyone, I’m new to this community, I have recently used the home remote and I find it easy, these days I have a problem with the netatmo thermostat, it no longer displays the temperature values and I cannot set values. I tried to disassociate the netatmo account and reconfigure the thermostat as new but it doesn’t work anymore.
Can anyone help me?
Thanks in advance
Angelo

Any chance the batteries are dead? Can you still control it from the official Netatmo app?

Would you mind temporarily adding me as a user to your system? If you could, add support@thehomeremote.com as a user.

Hi Bill,
thank you for your response and for your support.
The thermostat works with its application and I can control the thermostat, it also works with apple house.
i use the home remote i downloaded on my ipad, i don’t know how to share with you since i can’t find the way in the app.
the installed version and 4.1.4
I can give you your thermostat login details on Netatmo if you need it.
Thanks again for your support.

Angelo

In the Netatmo app you should be able to add users. When they ask for the users email give them support@thehomeremote.com Or if you want, I can test with your primary account. Most people usually prefer the 1st option since it doesn’t require you share your login credentials. Doesn’t make me any difference though.

Thanks for adding me to your Netatmo system. I was able to connect & find the issue. This will be fixed in the upcoming 4.1.5 release which I hope to have out in a few days.

The issue was that for some reason your thermostat is reporting battery status a little differently than other Netatmo thermostat systems. It is not including “battery_level” in the JSON data. It instead is only including “battery_state” which is currently “full”. I guess since the “battery_state” is full they don’t feel it is necessary to include the actual level. So what I’ve done is added a check to just skip reading the battery_level when the battery_state is full & automatically report 100% in that scenario.

https://dev.netatmo.com/apidocumentation/energy

Hi Bill,
Thanks for everything for your fantastic support, as soon as the update comes I will inform you if everything is ok.
Thanks again .
Angelo

Hi Bill,
I updated the Home remote solved the netatmo thermostat problem very well,
thanks

1 Like