Sony TV code repeat for Global Cache codesets

I have been trying out my new Itach IP to IR and can only get my Sony XBR65A8H to recognize codes if they are repeated 3 times. The Global Cache test utility allows users to specify the number of repeats the command will be sent to the device. Is there a way to do this within Home Remote.

You will need the Designer to edit the codeset. The apps alone do not have that capability.

I am using the designer 4.3.10 on my PC and have added the Global Cache itach IPtoIR device and trying to add a device to the Global Cache itach. When doing this it asks for the port you are using and device brand, type and codeset. I would rather build my own codeset from Global Cache as this would allow me to modify the command string being sent to the IPtoIR device. Is there another way to build the device codeset in designer rather than using the supplied codes provided from the designer?

Just keep the format of the code set that is created designer copy and paste it into notepad ++, edit as you like, and copy and paste it back in.

I have found that if you just make the data event occur 3 times with the button push it will activate the TV. I do have another question about codesets provided by Home Remote designer. Is there a way to get a table or list of valid codes for the devices that are provided by Home Remote designer. For example the Sony TV I am using has an input button and when I bind a data action to the SonyTv.MediaCommand and set value to Input nothing happens. This is one of the buttons on the remote but I do not know if the codeset from remote designer has it incorporated in the provided codeset or is it just misidentfied by me. The other thing I notice is there is no stand alone device for any Sony products that are connected on a LAN and wonder if there is a reason for this. At the moment I can only control the TV with the Global Cache iTach device using an IR blaster.

It would probably be better to modify the codeset as @Tarkus suggested rathen than have the Home Remote send the same command 3x.

My suggestion would be to look at the Codeset. The names in the far left column are your MediaCommands. Those are the values you need to supply when using a DataAction.

I do not own a Sony TV. I have nothing to test so that’s the main reason there isn’t an official integration. There is plugin you can use though for LAN control.

Many Sony devices need a repeat of 3. See attached, The highlighted character is the repeat. Change it to 3 on one. If that works then apply it to all codes. in notepad ++. This can be achieved by searching and replacing 40000,1 with 40000,3

Thank you Bill. I copied the codeset in notepad as directed and edited in the repeat field and pasted back in the remote designer and the Global Cache does as promised and will operate the TV using IR codes. I can only get the TV to see codes sent with the blaster, if I use the emitters they do not seem to get picked up by the IR sensor on the TV. Don’t know if this is an IR signal strength issue or an incorrect identification of the sensor on the TV body. Thanks again for the help.

Thanks John, once I followed Bill’s suggestion of editing the Global Cache codeset everything is working. I guess now I will see if I can control the TV over the lan and forego the IR as this will allow for feedback to the Home Remote App so I have better integration with how I want to operate the TV.The Help is greatly appreciated, Thanks.