Any Way to Use Alexa Voice Command to Trigger a Scene in Home Remote?

I understand that THR can be used to send a command to Alexa and I have set that up, but is there a way to use Alexa to trigger a scene or device that I have set up in THR? I have scenes set up in our media room to “watch a movie”, “play xbox,” etc. that turns all needed devices on and sets the inputs. I would like to be able to tell my Alexa device to “watch a movie” for example but I didn’t find an easy way to do that. I don’t think THR has a skill in Alexa that could be utilized for that purpose. I am also using Homeseer and I can control Homeseer devices through Alexa voice commands, “turn on lights in the kitchen,” for example. Would there be a way to set up an event in Homeseer that I could trigger which would then activate one of my scenes or devices in THR?

There’s no way to do this. The Home Remote can only send commands to Alexa. You are correct, you would need an Alexa Skill & there isn’t a Home Remote Skill that can do this. You’ll have to find some other way of accomplishing what you need.

@bill Is it possible to send an HTTP request to the Home Remote to trigger a scene or change a device state? Or perhaps MQTT? I’m looking at this discussion, but not sure if it would be applicable here…REST API to control the app

No. You would really need a web server or hub that’s always listening to properly handle that. The Home Remote is purely a client application. If the app isn’t open & actively being displayed on the screen, its connections are closed.

I managed to do this with a combination of Node Red and IFTTT. It doesn’t connect to THR; rather, it connects directly to the devices which are all IP-enabled.

Thank you @LJR I’m looking now at Node Red/Homeseer solution as well. Haven’t had a chance to try it yet, but it looks fairly simple to set up.

Just seeing this now-you’re very welcome. Hope you got everything working the way you wanted!