HRP file not finding Home Remote app on Galaxy Tab

I created a simple project in Designer 4.4.3.0 similar to the one in the first tutorial video. I installed Home Remote on a Galaxy Tab A running Android 7.1.1 and purchased the Home Pro option. I also gave the app File System permissions in App Settings.

I transferred the .hrp file to the tablet using Google Drive. I receive a message “This file type is unsupported” when I try to open from Google Drive. I also tried downloading to the tablet and receive a message “You don’t have any apps that can open this type of file” when I attempt to open from the Samsung MyFiles app.

Curious as to what I am missing.

The Google Drive app might not support custom file extensions like HRP. If you want to launch from that app you may have to change the extension to ZIP.

I don’t think the Samsung MyFiles app supports custom extensions either. Use the “Files By Google” app instead.

You can also use the Restore option on the Settings page.

There was more discussion on Android publishing the other day in this post. It may also be of some help to you.

Maybe try do download another file manager app?

you could reinitialize the association between file type and HR. Long press on Home Remote icon. Click on Info. Then advanced parameters, open by default, and Erase action by default. Wording may not be exact since I’m using a non english interface, but you get the picture

Files by Google did the trick–installed it, surfed to the file, one touch and HR opened. Thanks for the help.

1 Like