Invalid Command

I’ve recently been working on getting TheHomeRemote working in my situation. I bought a Global Cache Itach and set the ip address as 192.168.1.4.

I added the GC device to homeremote with it’s ip address.

I then added the 2 devices to the Global Cache for an LG TV(60UH6035) and a Roku Premiere(4620x).

I created a remote very similar to Brian’s Tutorial where he did a netflix command on his Vizio tv from his GC, however I can’t seem to make anything work with either of my devices.

It does appear that all the codes are already integrated in, so I just added the device, but didn’t do the renaming of the Id part like the video suggested and that may be where i missed something.

Anyway, I’m wondering if anyone can point a beginner in the right direction. I went through and set up a command on each button to do something, for instance the Netflix button is set to this:

Device Binding: RokuMediaManager.MediaCommand
Operator: =
Value: NETFLIX

Another Example:
Device Binding: LgTv.MediaCommand
Operator: =
Value: PowerToggle

When I simulate it and try the buttons, I get “Invalid Command” for all of them that I have set up, both TV and Roku. I don’t notice anything coming from the GC device when I try to hit any buttons, but I’m new to it so it may be something to do with that as well.

I’ve also saved the file, restored it to a device, and attempted it, but that is the same problem.

I’m a beginner, but really interested in making this work, so if anyone could point me in the right direction, I’d really appreciate it.

Thank you.

Did you start with the Home Remote Android or iOS apps 1st? I generally recommend new users start with the apps because there’s less chance of making an error. Once you’ve got it working with them, then you can create a Backup that you can open & edit with the Designer.

After you do that, & if you are still seeing the error, look at the CodeSet in the Designer to verify you are using the exact same name for your bindings. It is case sensitive, so maybe the name in the CodeSet is Netflix & not NETFLIX. You’ll have to look at it to find out.

Thanks for the quick reply. I was putting it in caps and I wasn’t supposed to be. That appears to have been the fix. I think we are all set on that part now. Thanks again.