Global Cache Device not working

Are you running both projects from the same device or two devices? Are you testing from two instances of the designer simulator? If you are using a CG-100 it only allows one connection at a time. With an itach this would not be an issue.

Same device. It is an itach. I even copied the xaml page to the other project, it worked. So it’s something to do with the global cache plugin in that specific project. It there a way to delete a device and delete all remanents of it?

Sure you snould be able ro delete the device by right clicking on it. Did you try to copy the plugin script from the working project into the one that does not work?

No I haven’t copied the script. When I do this do I have to have the same global cache devices in the working project as the non working project?

Not sure, I would back up your projects and just give it a try.

I didn’t see a script. Tried to rename the current nonworking device. Then copy the working device from the other project. Fixed the dataaction. Still did not work. I guess now I am to the point of deteming the best course of action.

if you want to remove any passwords from your project and post it, I can take a look.

Good.hrp (516.1 KB)

Is this the non working project?

Yes it is. This is the project that everything is working except the sony device under global cache. I have done everything I can think of to make it work

Try this, many of your buttons are missing commands on the Bluray page. The direction pad is set up though so that should work. There were a few things but I am not sure it will be the fix. In particular, if the direction up button is the only one that works let me know. GoodV1.hrp (516.1 KB)

Thank you. I have deleting and readding commands on that page trying to determine why it isn’t working. At one time all of the buttons were setup.

But is it working now?

I downloaded your project. It does not control it

Is your port correct 1:1?

Yes that is the Port. I believe this has something to do speciically with that Sony bluray device. I intitially deleted it because I used the wrong port (not sure if that was proper by deleting it). Then I added it with the wrong ir collection and deleted it to add it with the correct ir collection. I’m not sure how to fix this without copying everything to a new project. Alot of time fixing buttons.

Start a new project and add the device. Add a single button, no more than that. Get that one button working then copy and paste the device into your project after deleting the existing one.

I did create a new project for testing purposes and it controls it fine. I copied that working device into the project we have been working on. It does not control it

Are you copying the entire GC source or only the Device object?

The most important part of that is the CodeSet which is on the source. So you can’t just copy over only the SonyBluRay device object & expect it to work. The CodeSet needs to be copied also.

So I deleted the entire global cache plugin. Copied it from a working test project. Pasted it in. Reconfigured the event trigger/data action and it does not work. Maybe I am down to creating another project. Adding in the devices. Then copy and paste the pages.

Thoughts