Make life a bit easier... OR ... IF...THEN

As getting more experienced with THR, I noticed that i quite often have to create the same things over and over again. Also, I need quite often virtual variables to make it work at all.

So two ideas for making my life easier… :wink:

Logical “OR” operator for conditions defined for an action.

For conditions, we can now use only “AND”. E.g. In my project I have 7 virtual variables. I have an event that should be fired if only one (and no other) of them is flagged as true.

"If … then" then construct for actions.

E.g. in a scene some actions should only be performed when my receiver is “Off”. Now I have to define the exact same condition for every action. Also, I sometimes have to create virtual attributes to make my actions work. E.g. the actions turn receiver on, wait 3 seconds, select a setting should only be run if the receiver is off, but I can’t check for a condition receiver is off in the delay action (because receiver is on then).

With multidata triggers the the conditions within each trigger represent the AND operator . The OR operator is implemented by using more than one multidata trigger or a combination of multidata triggers and data triggers. Say you have 5 multidata triggers. It will check the conditions of all of them in effect giving your AND / OR conditional support.

I edited my post a bit to clarify about the “OR” operator. I was talking about the action itself (e.g. actions defined in a scene). For a specific action one can define conditions, but with multiple conditions for an action this is always handled as an “AND” operator (comparable to the multidata trigger you mentioned).