Not all Fibaro HC3 devices are visible

Hi,
I’m a newbie in HR though playing a while already with my Fibaro HC3. I’ve noticed that I’m not able to see all of my Fibaro HC3 devices on the Devices list in Home Remote Designer. Seems that only part of those is getting added/synchronized. I thought it might be for some specific device type, but it’s not - for example I don’t see the garage door binary sensor (from Fibaro Smart Implant) or I see only one device of Aeotec Energy Meter (the one that shows total energy consumption) while in Fibaro I see around 30 of those (for power, energy, current, voltage for each of the phases). Appreciate if someone could help me why it works that way, hopefully I did something stupid :wink:
Oh, of course I tried adding the devices from scratch, I also used the “Sychronize Devices” option, always the same result - not all devices are visible.

Edit: hmm I tried to figure out what’s special about those devices and I think it shows only parent devices. If there’s any child device I don’t see it nor I’m able to use it directly, correct?

That is true for several cases but I do believe there are some exceptions. This allows us to map multiple Capabilities onto a single Home Remote Device object. During a sync the app will choose, by default, a parent Id when possible because of this added flexibility. It may not make sense for some devices but this was necessary for thermostats & a few other devices. You can always copy-paste an existing device object & update it with the child Id. Child device Ids are still valid & will work. So for the time being, I recommend doing just that.

I’m surprised you aren’t seeing the Smart Implant. Support for those was added back in February of 2021.

Would you mind emailing me the JSON from the “api/devices” URL?

http://IP_ADDRESS/api/devices

I’ve tried to optimize the sync for many different scenarios but it sounds like there is still some room for improvement. I’d like to test your JSON to see why these devices of yours are not being automatically generated. As I said earlier, for the time being, you can always copy-paste-edit the device objects manually to get the information you want.

Thank you Bill for the reply!
I’ll try the hint, if it’s just about swapping the device id then it should be easy. Initially I was thinking about creating the quickApp for each device that I’m missing but that would be a bit of overhead ;-).

Regarding Smart Implant, I see it got mapped as a ThermostatSwitch device type, no clue why. But now when I know how to play with that it should not be an issue any more, I’ll be able to access the binary switch. I just thought it should appear as a separate device.

Regarding improvements, I think would be great if we could somehow handle the energy meter like the one from Aeotec but I can handle that manually as well by adding the child devices.

Sure, no problem - should I send it to the homeremote support email?