Ring Integration

Ring Alarm, Camera integration

@bill Hello Bill, any plans on having Ring Integration? Is it in your timeline or still not be considered?

Thanks as always

Yeah, this will probably be added at some point. I’m usually a little hesitant these days to include devices that don’t have an official public Open API. There do appear to be quite a few people interested in this so I will definitely look into it. As of right now though, I can’t really provide a date on when it will happen.

+1 for Ring integration. It would be a real game changer and could really bring this platform into the limelight! If you need any Python development, PM me.

I’ve been debating getting a ring doorbell for a while now, but no one has knocked on my door in probably years. I don’t even have a regular doorbell! If you want me to answer the door, you’ll have to work for it. Lol

I’d probably get one to play with if it integrated with HR

I bought Amcrest instead… open api and RTSP :+1:

+2 once integrated I am on board since only item left

I added my Ring device to Samsung Smarthings, and then managed to add it THR via that. I can see the Ring device status only, not video. Perhaps someone could develop this idea further?

I’m fairly certain SmartThings doesn’t let 3rd parties stream Ring video through their API. I think you can only view the video streams in the official SmartThings app. I have an Arlo camera linked to SmartThings & it does have the VideoStream capability but the URLs are blank. Maybe they handle Ring differently but I kind of doubt it. If someone wants to try, be my guest. Send the SmartThings device status request in CURL (or Postman) & let me know what you see.

https://smartthings.developer.samsung.com/docs/api-ref/st-api.html#operation/getDeviceStatus

Here is the full status JSON from my Arlo camera.

{
  "components": {
    "main": {
      "videoCapture": {
        "stream": {
          "value": null
        },
        "clip": {
        }
      },
      "videoStream": {
        "stream": {
          "value": {
            "InHomeURL": "",
            "OutHomeURL": ""
          },
          "timestamp": "2021-06-03T17:18:01.169Z"
        }
      },
      "healthCheck": {
        "checkInterval": {
          "value": 60,
          "unit": "s",
          "data": {
            "deviceScheme": "UNTRACKED",
            "protocol": "cloud"
          },
          "timestamp": "2021-06-03T17:17:27.217Z"
        },
        "healthStatus": {
        },
        "DeviceWatch-Enroll": {
        },
        "DeviceWatch-DeviceStatus": {
          "value": "online",
          "data": {

},
          "timestamp": "2021-06-03T17:17:27.779Z"
        }
      },
      "refresh": {

},
      "soundSensor": {
        "sound": {
          "value": "not detected",
          "timestamp": "2021-06-03T17:17:29.715Z"
        }
      },
      "motionSensor": {
        "motion": {
          "value": "inactive",
          "timestamp": "2021-06-03T17:17:29.715Z"
        }
      },
      "battery": {
        "battery": {
          "value": 69,
          "unit": "%",
          "timestamp": "2021-06-03T17:17:27.779Z"
        }
      },
      "switch": {
        "switch": {
          "value": "on",
          "timestamp": "2021-06-03T17:21:46.924Z"
        }
      }
    }
  }
}

I tried to display Ring snapshot using a Web Image and it does not work (nothing appears). Is it normal ? I get the picture when using the URL in a browser. My hub is Hubitat.

You may need to use the WebBrowser control. I can take a look at it if you’d like to send me the URL.

Thank’s @bill it works with WebBrowser control. The only thing is that when displaying in the simulator I get pictures bigger than the screen and when on my phone, the pictures are half their grid cell. But at least I got pictures now. I’m learning Home Remote so I guess I did something wrong.

Thank you for your help and your nice product. I will continue to learn and probably will pay for Pro.

1 Like