Sonos Apple music

Hi all,

A simple question I think as I’m not really up on the audio side of home automation this is probably a very daft thing to ask!
As Apple Music can’t be controlled directly from The home remote, is there a device which can be controlled from home remote which gives can be connected into the home remote?
I can then create the controls and perhaps browse Apple Music library via this device?

Thanks in advance - Andy

The Home Remote may be able to browse Apple Music with Sonos however I never tested it with that. Definitely do not buy Sonos based under the assumption it will work because I honestly do not know. Maybe wait to see if someone else has tested & can confirm.

Hi Bill,

That makes sense, I was assuming it would be via some form of device like Sonos.
I did take a look at XBMC and Plex etc but I assume due to the heavy restrictions and licencing Apple apply this is pretty limited!

I look forward to hearing from anyone who has done anything similar!

Hi all, just wondered if anyone else had managed to crack this one?
I have borrowed a sonos device and setup my apple music account. I have found that I can browse everything without issue except apple music or spotify.
The folders briefly flash up then it goes back to the original browser page.

Strangely I can control everything if it is playing it just seems to be browsing apple music or spotify themselves.

Spotify usually works assuming you are a premium subscriber. Are you a premium subscriber?