Adding denon... failed to find any new device

I am relatively new user of the HR app on a samsung tab e 8.0. I was playing around with the HR app to see what capabilities it has compared to an older system that I have been using from its “internet inception” (touchsquid). Anyway, I trying to add a Denon receiver (avr-4308ci) to the basic setup. It fails with “we couldn’t find any new devices…” Then allows one to inputs the ip of the device. That also fails with a similar message (failed to find…).
I can reach the device going thru a web browser and also a few other android apps that I have tried.
At some point, I thought I saw a different message… something about invalid id for the type of device. I have not seen it again and not sure about it as subsequent attempts don’t output any such message. i also have a yamaha rx-a1050 which the HR finds / adds with no problems on the same network. Is there something up with older denons in terms of expected interface requirements? Any hints or advice beyond “get rid of the denon”… :slight_smile: Thanks

just wanted to add that adding the ip address (that was being input to the HR app) in the HR designer via the “webbrowser plugin”, works correctly / as expected. I guess I don’t understand the difference in the API.

HR version 4.4.7 on a samsung t377

Does it work with the Denon Remote app?

The Home Remote uses the same API calls that it uses. Your receiver has to be at the minimum a 2012 model, anything older isn’t going to be compatible. I just looked up your 4308CI on Amazon & it’s saying your receiver is a 2001 model. That’s 11 years too old:)

I haven’t tried that one. The one that I have tried is this one
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.brin.denonremotefree. Of course, doesn’t offer many functions but it does provide a few.
As for the app that you list, no it does not appear to work at all… but not unexpected as it listed newer models. Note: my receiver is a 2007 model… yes old but still works. Anyway, it doesn’t appear that it can be over come at the “ip level” so IR it is. Again, not knowing much about the different api’s that are out there, I was hoping for more but alas, it isn’t likely to happen.