Alarm Panel Device Type

One last question I think. What is Force?

Does your system support Force?

From what I’ve read it looks very similar to Away/Armed.

Armed - The Partition is currently armed, or in an "away" mode.
  Force - The Partition is in an "away" mode, but one or more Zones are open.

If you send the “Force” command, does Force appear in “sdata”?

Forced does not work either, it just does nothing. However if I bypass a zone (out of the vera plugin) the status goes ‘stay special closing’. Heres the sdata for that

{ "name": "Bar", "altid": "Partition-2", "id": 170, "category": 23, "subcategory": 0, "room": 4, "parent": 162, "lastuser": "0001", "alarm": "None", "alarmmemory": "0", "lastalarmactive": "0", "configured": "0", "armmode": "Armed", "detailedarmmode": "Stay", "vendorstatusdata": "", "vendorstatuscode": "701", "vendorstatus": "Special Closing" },

I’ve about got this wrapped up. Support will be included in this week’s 3.11.0 release.

Now I’m going to be using the RequestQuickArmMode action which doesn’t require the PINCode parameter. Prompting the user inside my Vera device service is going to take longer to implement. That could perhaps be a future enhancement. According to the docs, it looks like RequestQuickArmMode does accept Disarmed as a parameter.

Can you test both of these commands in your browser?

Request Stay Mode
http://192.168.1.108:3480/data_request?id=action&output_format=json&DeviceNum=169&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:AlarmPartition2&action=RequestQuickArmMode&State=Stay

Request Disarmed Mode
http://192.168.1.108:3480/data_request?id=action&output_format=json&DeviceNum=169&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:AlarmPartition2&action=RequestQuickArmMode&State=Disarmed

<!-- Request the Partition move into a named Arming mode (No PIN Code).

The following values must be accepted for the Arming mode, but Vendor specific values
      may be input as well.  If a particular Vendor doesn't support the mode requested
      it is free to "promote" the mode to an equivalent, or higher, mode within it's own
      set.

eg. Requested State "Night" -> Executed State "Stay"

Disarmed - The Partition is disarmed.
      Armed - The Partition is currently armed, or in an "away" mode.
      ArmedInstant - The Partition is currently armed, or in an "away" state, Entry triggers Alarm immediately.
      Stay - The Partition is in an "at-home" mode, delays are permitted on Entry doors.
      StayInstant - The Partition is in an "at-home" mode, Entry doors trigger Alarm immediately.
      Night - The Partition is in an "at-home, at-night" mode, delays are permitted on Entry doors.
      NightInstant - The Partition is in an "at-home, at-night" mode, Entry doors trigger Alarm immediately.
      Force - The Partition is in an "away" mode, but one or more Zones are open.
      Vacation - The Partition is currently armed, or in an "away" mode.
    -->
    <action>
      <name>RequestQuickArmMode</name>
      <argumentList>
        <argument>
          <name>State</name>
          <direction>in</direction>
          <relatedStateVariable>DetailedArmMode</relatedStateVariable>
        </argument>
      </argumentList>
    </action>

I tested these but disarm won’t work without a pin code

Hey Bill, I just tried out your new update and the new alarm panel support looks great! Just one issue though, disarm doesn’t work since the DSC plugin doesn’t allow for pin-less disarm.

Hi Bill, where is the SecuritySystemTile.xaml template located? I couldn’t find it in the pages - templates folder. I wanted to try to add some text showing if the partition is ready or not, and possibly try to figure out the pin-code for disarming.

They are in the Templates folder. You probably need to “Synchronize Templates”. Right-click the Pages folder to run this function.

The Designer does not automatically update those files for you. That folder is generated when you 1st create your project. After that, you need to manually run the sync function. The Designer has to assume that you may have modified the files. It doesn’t want to automatically overwrite any changes you may have made

Hi Bill I have been thinking of how to get the disarm working safely. Does HR support a keypad sort of function? I was thinking of adding the pincode to the disarm command but it will only get sent if the correct code is inputted in app. I dont know if that makes sense… let me know