Amazon Thermostat

I recently purchased an Amazon thermostat (they use Honeywell Home) to replace my Insteon thermostat (now that Insteon has gone under and none of my stuff works) but since it is from Amazon, they do not include a CRC code to register the product with Honeywell so I can get control of it from Home Remote. Is there any other way I can get control of it beyond just creating a bunch of Alexa commands?

I’m afraid not. If it doesn’t work with the Honeywell apps then it’s not going to work with Home Remote either.

Talked with Honeywell and they confirmed that although the hardware is made by Honeywell, the software is written by Amazon. I know I can send commands to Amazon Echo devices but is there a way to receive feedback from devices?

No. They do not provide that capability to 3rd parties. They’ve yet to create an API/SDK that allows Company A to access the state of a device from Company B.

Understood, luckily Amazon has good return policies on their devices. Swapped it for a real Honeywell stat. With Insteon now gone I am sure many of us are having to scramble to find new solutions for our homes.