Android app crashes with device browsers in a stack panel

I have some pages where I used two device browsers one above the other in a 2 row grid. This works fine except I need to specify the relative sizes of the grid rows or I have lots of white space or chop off the bottom of the first browser. I thought this may look and wor better if I put the two device browsers into a stack panel as they would then neatly flow down the page. This works perfectly in the simulator but the hrp file will crash in the android app as soon as I go to that page.

Its very repeatable - if I edit the page and take out the stack panel and replace by a 2 row grid it works. I use stack panels elsewhere and they work as expected.

Am I doing something illegal?

I don’t think that you are doing anything illegal here:) You need to find a combination that works. There are often 100 different ways to do things to achieve the same result. The DeviceBrowser is a very powerful/dynamic control but it is more prone to layout issues. Certain configurations just don’t work on Android.

The simulator is a Windows app styled to look like Android. So there will be some inconsistencies in looks, behavior, & performance.