Android App lands on Log In Page

I created a simple test HRP file and downloaded it to a small Android tablet. Clicking on the file launches the app as expected. However, the app lands on a login page and every attempt at credential entry throws a Authentication Failure message. It is not apparent where I should create an account. Did I miss something when I created the HRP?

You need to launch the HR app then from settings restore the hrp.

The login page should be enough for you to determine which credentials you need to use. There are no Home Remote credentials. What devices did you link to your test HRP? For example if you linked ecobee to the app, the login page should say ecobee. You need to use the same account credentials you use in the manufacturer’s app.

If you are a new user, instead of creating a test HRP, start with the default project file that the apps provide. Link all of your devices to the app, verify everything works, then go to the Settings page & create a Backup. That Backup creates a project file for you that you can edit with the Designer. All you need to do is change the file extension from ZIP to HRP.

Hey John,

Can’t send you a PM as I just registered and it’s not allowing me to. Any other way I can contact you about possibly helping set up a new home.

I found if you are not using the MainPage and want a different page as your landing page, you need to add your custom page to the MainPage collection. That’s what fixed it for me.

I tried Bill’s suggestion and that worked. Thanks all.