App crashes on cameras

Bill,

I notice that a few times when I slide from the cameras page to another page, the application crashes. Only on the cameras page, I think the app is excited off while loading the feeds.

Regards
Domodial

Are these using RTSP streams?

Yes :wink: RTSP mode :wink:

I Have 6 cameras on page. but in play mode…

OK. I’ll test that later this week.

1 Like

I don’t know if it helps, my terminal is a Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S Android 10

I’m unable to recreate this issue. I currently only have 2 RTSP streams available to test so perhaps that is the issue.

Would you be able to email me your project & show me the page that is crashing? I’ll see if I can trigger the crash on my Android devices.

Are your streams remotely accessible?

If not, does the crash happen when you are on remote cellular data?

If the crash doesn’t happen when the streams are unavailable, that’s not really going to help me. I may need you to set up port forwarding in your router to make your streams remotely accessible.

Being able to replicate the issue on my devices will make the issue much easier to fix.

Yesterday was a complicated day. I solved the problem with the cameras. Finally, if I can call it a resolution. I must not leave the page when the camera feeds are going up. If I let the feeds arrive then I switch pages and the application does not crash. I still leave time to see and if it is ever random I will contact you, the flows are open to the outside.

I have another problem, yesterday my door lock had a door condition report bug. This has been corrected in the LUA code following a modification of the Firmware of the Fibaro box, the code has been modified in the virual device and now the status works well with HR.
I was forced to remove the virtual device and rebuild the variables. And because of this, the virtual device ID has been incremented. I wanted to refresh my devices in the designer but it does not take the change into account. If I delete the device in the Designer and I do Refresh, the Designer reassembles the device (door lock / unlock) but with the wrong ID.

I changed the ID by hand, but wanted to know if you were aware of this about the refresh with the designer and IDs not really well fetched.

Even though you have a work around I still would like to fix the issue with the cameras. That is a big break-through. I’ll try doing that in my setup, sliding the page before the stream starts & see if it crashes.

Neither the apps nor designer will delete devices automatically. Since your virtual Fibaro devices have new Ids they are essentially a new device in the eyes of the Home Remote. It’ll add those as new devices when you sync & it’ll leave your current ones as they are. There are too many unknowns to have the Home Remote automatically delete devices as it could break things. In this scenario, you’ll need to manually delete the old devices & then run the sync. This behavior is intentional.

So for the moment I have a fiber failure in all the neighborhood.

I am with a backup box (LTE) in Failover and do not allow port forwarding (GNAT).
The problem should be corrected today or tomorrow according to the operator.

I’ll send you the project. I still had crashes, also once in a page where I have a Weather Underground feed.

Thanks for sending the project. I wasn’t able to replicate the issue. I tested it on my Galaxy S9 running Android 10 & in the Android 10 simulator. Neither crashed.

I did make a few changes in the 3.13.2.0 release which was published late yesterday. Can you try this version & see if the crash still happens?

yes I saw the update today but it still crashes. it must come from my device.