App crashing when switching back from another app

The app is crashing intermittently, but quite often. It crashes only when I have already opened it, gone to another app, and then switched back. Is the issue likely in my HRP? If so, can you help me narrow down where to look first? Would that be the onConnect of my plugins?

There are things that you are doing in your project that I’m not particularly wild about. Things that could could certainly crash the application. In general, I recommend avoiding scripting in XAML files. Leave scripting in the plugins. Use Actions instead. Also, avoid long running actions. Specifically, this one you posted the other day is the one that has got me worried.

I doubt it has anything to do with any of your plugins.

Noted. I will start there and report back if I find the offender. Thanks so much.

This was the same issue that I’ve had in the past - it’s the ISY plugin. What I believe happens is when something that is attached to the ISY falls off the network and the ISY reports a zero or null value, it causes the app to crash when the app is updating values. Would a try/catch in the plugin prevent the crash?

Everything in a Plugin is thread safe has & the app already has built in error handlers to catch anything you don’t already catch. That’s not the case with XAML scripts. I bet if you only use the default XAML files you will not have this issue.

Ok thanks. I’ve been working on getting those converted over but I probably have 500 of them.