Apple iOS invoke external app

Not sure if this feature perhaps already exists, but here’s what I’d like to do:

On one of my buttons it selects my processor to select my AppleTV as an input for display. That works great.
I’d then like it to transfer control to the built-in app to control the AppleTV. I currently do this by swiping down from the top-right of the screen, then selecting the icon for the AppleTV remote; it’d be awesome if THR could do this automatically for me.

This is already supported. You can add a MethodAction to your button that calls the OpenUri function. It looks like the URI for Apple TV is videos://

You can read more about it here. This post also includes a link to a website that lists the launch URIs for many other popular iOS apps.

Thanks Bill. I couldn’t determine what the uri was for opening the Remote app directly (“Remote://” was suggested but didn’t work), so I created a shortcut called “OpenAppleTVRemote” which allowed me to use the following in the method action/openuri:
shortcuts://run-shortcut?name=OpenAppleTVRemote

Note: “videos://” opens the video library, not the TV Remote app

Good to know. Yeah, I just pulled that from this website. I wasn’t sure about that one.