Button to launch android app (Amazon music)

Good news.

That eerror indicated the AutoRemote was either not configured properly and/or not running. One of the Tasker profiles supplied is supposed to start AutoRemote automatically in the proper mode when running THR.

Have you examined the “Getting Starteed” documentation in AutoRemote? (open up AutoRemote explictly, tap on the three vertical buttons at the bottom, then tap “Getting Started”)

Note that AutoRemote receives messages in two ways, a secure method and a non-secure method. The method used by the THR plugin uses the non-secure method, and therefore it is a good idea to only run AR when actively using it. AR does reset itself on reboot to automatically protect the user.

I have attached a test Tasker routine I used to verify AutoRemote was working without having to involve THR. Remember to rename the attachment from .txt to .xml before importing into Tasker. If you open up the task, you can also see how HTTP requests are made from within Tasker.

HRTest.tsk.txt (9.1 KB)

Sorry - starting to get very frustrated with this. The test task you sent me runs but the http get times out after 30s.

I am in the hole I was concerned about at the start having spent on one app after another and got nothing to show.

All I wanted to be able to achieve is from within home remote on Android 12:
a) Open an android app wiim (streamer control)
b) launch a (local lan) url to control local music
This needs to be clean as it will be installed on my wife’s phone and pushing a button called wiim needs to launch the wiim app - everytime.

To this end I have bought Tasker, Tasker auto remote, Tasker autotools (which seems to include autoremote - so I have now bought it twice it seems. Auto remote app icon does nothing - there are no 3 dots so nothing to check or setup.

I am a retired engineer/embedded software writer and I know Homeremote fairly thoroughly but am finding the tasker world obscure beyond belief.

Please tell me the simple things I want to do are possible as I am near trying to get a refund for all the tasker apps as unsuitable for purpose.

Andy

David
Thanks for trying. I have given up, uninstalled all tasker app and plugins and am requesting a refund from Google Play. Its really not worth the effort for a minimal bit of tidying up of the Home Remote music interface. It also MUST be seamless and easy for my wife to use it and this did not hold promise of achieving that.
Apologies for wasting your time.
Andy

Understand. But point of notice, if you had read the comment in the task (first line), you would see that it fails with a timeout every other time it runs. Its a bug, probably in Android, The Tasker Plugin in THR compensates for that, but that simple Tasker task did not bother to.