Can’t open other android apps from inside Home Remote

Spent the better part of a day trying to construct URIs that would launch apps like Spotify on a device running Android 11. The best I can get is a “no supported activity for this package” error. I can lunch the Spotify app using various URIs from the Chrome browser address input, but not from Home Remote. I am guessing this has to do with the new apps permissions architecture in Android 11. Any suggestions?

Which URIs have you tried? I’d imagine all of the same ones you are invoking from the Chrome browser should work.

That’s what I expected, but no luck, unless I am constructing the URIs wrong. For example, Spotify.app.link works from Chrome, but both that and Intent://#intent;scheme=spotify;package=com.spotify.music;end throw the no-activity error.

I know the intent links aren’t going to work on Android 11 but I thought any other links would still work, especially if they work in Chrome. I guess not though. There isn’t really a work around for this.

That’s what I was afraid of. Hard problem for an open-ended app like this. Thanks for the quick response!

Hate digging up old bones, but any thoughts on how to open other apps on devices running Android 11? Not a deal breaker, but does streamline things.

I launch Android apps successfully using the Tasker program, even on Android 13. There is a plug in called “Simple Tasker Plugin” that will allow THR to communicate with Tasker.

Thanks for the heads up. I will look into it.