ComboBox with event trigger

Hello,

I’m trying to get comboBox item triggers to work but for some reason I cannot.

My situation: I would like to run an scene (Homeseer event) by selecting a combo box item. For this I would like to use event triggers that can be found under the combo box Items-collection. However, I could not get that to work so I tried it simpler, to be able to just use one ComboBox item event trigger to turn one lamp on (…corner_light.HSStatus). Unfortunately without luck.

my question: is the combobox/Items/Event trigger working or do I have an issue with my thinking or settings?

Attaching here an image which shows all relevant fields.

Thank you for help!

Kind Regards,
Simo

Simo,
I just tried to replicate your setup and I had similar difficulties when trying to use the trigger builder within the Items_Collection screen as you detailed. Instead, I utilized the “SelectedValue” option to bind the value selected in the dropdown to a global variable. I then referenced that same global variable in a number of event triggers at the control level. I didn’t have any real devices in this test project so I’m just calling some nonexistant “dostuffX” devices. You should be able to see how it works in this attached example.

-Brian
ComboBoxExample.hrp (129.8 KB)

Hi Brian,

Thank you so much for the effort and sharing the example. It sounds like a good idea and will try it with my setup and report how it goes.

Kind regards
Simo