Control lights using Zipabox2

I am using Zipabox2 from Zipato to control my lights. In the Zipato editor I have made scenes that control all the lights in the room. In the Home remote designer I have then created buttons that run respective scene by selecting the correct binding under EventTrigger-Actions. This works fine.

But when I want to control each light individually, turn it ON/OFF or dim it, I can’t get it to work. For example I have a light that is called “HallSkrivbord” and under EventTrigger/Action/Binding that light is represented with nine rows:

HallSkrivbord.Capabilities
HallSkrivbord.DetailsTemplate
HallSkrivbord.DeviceType
HallSkrivbord.DisplayName
HallSkrivbord.Icon
HallSkrivbord.Id
HallSkrivbord.Name
HallSkrivbord.TileTemplate
HallSkrivbord.Type

And no matter which one I chose (and I have tried them all) nothing happens except that I with some do get an error message.

Maybe I am trying to bite off more than I can chew but I like this application and would really like to be able to use it, so if anyone can help me I would really appreciate it.

None of those attributes you’ve listed control On/Off. The Switch capability has that functionality & it doesn’t look like this device was assigned that capability for whatever reason. You can try manually adding the Switch capability to that device’s Capability property but there’s a chance that won’t work either. If the Home Remote didn’t automatically add it then, it may not support it. How is this light linked to your Zipato controller? Z-Wave, Zigbee, etc?

Based on the Icon assignments, I’m guessing the KorLrKoksbank1 & KorLrKoksbank2 have the Switch capability. You should be able to turn those devices on & off.

I would say that half is Z-Wave and the other half is LightwaveRF (433 MHz). It seems that only Z-Wave devices have the Switch function, not that I can get it to work anyway, It only says “HTTP error UnsupportedMediaType”. How do I manually add the Switch capability?

I myself have never tested LightwaveRF with Zipato.

What’s the “endpointType”? Is it an “actuator”?

The Home Remote uses the Zipato “STATE” attribute for switch control. I believe most actuators should have that attribute.