Cycling through pages at interval

Hi, I was winding if it is possible to create some kind of event e.g. every 5min that would cycle through pages?

The point is to start on page one, cycle to the next page after 5 min (or 5min of inactivity - if you interact with the GUI the counter resets)

Any suggestions appreciated.

Not currently. I have mentioned plans to add support for an Idle event which would let you run a custom set of Actions after a certain period of inactivity.

Once that feature’s been added you should be able to do this.

Bill that sounds great. This feature will allow us to creat various pages each dedicated to e.g. a single room with monitor and action values. When nothing is happening I.e. page is idle, it can cycle through and show all pages every x min.

This will be a huge feature. Can’t wait to try it out.
Thx Peter

I wanted to check if this was now available. I think what I’m looking for is similar as mentioned above. Instead of a page I wandered to have some devices cycle thru. I have 3 thermostats for heating and looking to have them cycle thru each one over the corse of X seconds.

You could create a plugin that updates some custom attribute on a virtual device every X seconds. Maybe set the attribute to 1 on 1st pass, 2 on 2nd, & 3 on 3rd. Then reset the attribute back to 1 & repeat. Finally, add DataTriggers to your page that update your view based on this virtual device’s custom attribute.

Would you know how this would be done? I’m not good a coding. Any examples that I could follow with?

Following. I could use a plugin like this to finally get some icon/image animations in my project. That’s assuming it’s counting in milliseconds :grin:

I really have to buckle down and learn how to code so I can do the cool things.