Denon AVR New Device Search Results - How To Edit?

I have a Denon AVR-X2700H receiver that I can’t seem to control via HR. I use a third-party iOS app (Packet Sender - UDP/TCP/SSL, NagleCode, LLC V1.0.3)
for network troubleshooting, and I can reliably control my Denon with it, so I’m confident of my underlying network stability.

When I added the device source “Denon” from the dropdown menu to my Devices folder, and subsequently clicked “Click OK to search for new devices”, the search
seemed to conclude successfully. However, I wasn’t able to change any Denon input source by binding HR DataActions to MainZone.InputSource.

I began troubleshooting by opening the Denon device within HR Explorer and examining the contents. I have two questions:

1. The URI for my Denon device has the form http://my_ip_addr:8080. Is there a way to manually edit a device port number?
    a) The Port 8080 value surprised me, as the Denon FY21AVR Control Protocol Document (please see attached excerptFY21AVR_Control_Protocol_Excerpt.txt (1.8 KB) ) states at the top of Page 2, under the Control Protocol
    tab, that the communication port is TCP port 23.
    b) Using Packet Sender, I can execute input source changes by selecting Port 23. If I select Port 8080, no change occurs.
    c) I tried to manually change “8080” to “23” directly, but as soon as I made the change the “Name”, “URI” and “Display Name” boxes all grayed out. After
    nearly a minute, a timeout must have occurred since a dialog box opened with “An error occurred while sending the request”.

2. The UDN for my Denon device seems wrong. Is there a way to manually edit the UDN? Does it matter? (Sorry, 3 questions). Maybe the UDN is for information-only.
    a) The 12-character sequence at the end of the uuid seems to mimic a MAC address.
    b) My Denon AVR has 2 physical (PHY) layers: A wired (ethernet) and a wireless (WiFi). Each PHY has a separate MAC address.
    c) I use the wired (ethernet) PHY. I would have expected a UDN containing the wired (ethernet) MAC address in the last 12 characters of the uuid.
    d) Instead, HR seems to have populated the UDN with the the wireless (WiFi) MAC address in the last 12 characters of the uuid.
    e) I haven’t found documentation showing how to disable the Denon wireless (WiFi) PHY.
    f) When I initially setup my receiver, I explicitly selected the wired (ethernet) connection with: Setup>Network>Connection>Connect Using>Wired (Ethernet)

I’m really leaning over my ski tips here, but it seems that when HR searches for (and finds) my receiver with the dual MAC addresses, it’s not able to dig deeply
enough and see that I chose the wired (ethernet) connection over the wireless (WiFi) connection. For some reason, HR choses the wireless (WiFi) MAC address, but that
conflicts with the wired (ethernet) IP Address. All speculation on my part.

Anyway, I could sure use some insight into how to edit HR’s choices, if possible. Thanks!

The Home Remote uses their HTTP API not TCP API. The have 2 different control protocols. The TCP one uses port 23.

The UDN is the one that is sent by the receiver when it responds to SSDP / UPnP discovery requests. It may not match the value displayed on the receiver itself. You should not edit this value in Home Remote. Use the value it automatically assigned. If you change it then you’re essentially breaking what it’s there for. It is an “optional” parameter though, so you can delete or clear it if you want. Just don’t change it to something else. UDN doesn’t really matter if you are using static IP address. That’s an optional field that is used to automatically update the IP address if or when that changes. If you’ve set up your network so that it always has the same IP address, you can leave the UDN blank.

Wow, did not see that one coming. Given that information, I cobbled together the following conversion table between Port 23 (Telnet) and Port 8080 (HTTP) binding Values for a handful of input sources that seems to work for me:

Port 23 | Port 8080

SAT/CBL | CBL/SAT
DVD | DVD
BD | Blu-ray
MPLAY | Media Player
GAME | Game
8K | /* Don’t Know */
AUX1 | AUX1

I can’t seem to find the right 8080 version of “8K” - I’ve tried both uppercase and lowercase “K/k” to no avail. Can you point me in the right direction for the correct Port 8080 8K binding Value?

Thank you!

Set the 8K input using the handheld remote or some other source & then bind @Device.InputSource to a temporary Label & see what it displays.

Just in awe of you, Bill. The answer is … 8K (Port 23) = AUX2 (Port 8080). Deepest thanks & gratitude - again.