Denon AVR Tuner

In order to complete my home theater controller project, I have finally finished constructing the pages and plugin to control my Denon AVR radio tuner. I have attached both the test module
Tuner_Demo.hrp (827.6 KB)
, and the companion plugin
DenonTuner.plugin (5.4 KB)
. When Tuner_Demo fires up, pressing the “Radio” icon takes you to the Tuner page containing a D-pad and some function buttons that interact directly with the Denon tuner on-screen display. In addition, the Tuner page contains links to two secondary pages: Direct Tune and Favorites (Heart).

Pressing “Direct Tune” takes you to a page with a numerical keypad and a rudimentary frequency display window. The key sequence to directly enter a frequency is: [FM|AM] [Digit] [Digit] [Digit] [Optional Digit] Enter. For example, the key sequence for a local FM station 102.1 would be [FM] [1] [0] [2] [1] [Enter]. The [Optional Digit] is only entered for FM stations between 100.1 and 108.3, which contain 4 digits. The same argument applies to AM stations between 1000 and 1600, which also contain 4 digits. Return to the main Tuner page by pressing the button on the lower right corner of the page.

Pressing Favorites (Heart) takes you to a page of icons for favorite stations. Simply pressing an icon initiates a retune. Return to the main Tuner page by pressing the button on the lower right corner of the page.

A significant portion of the DenonTuner plugin simply validates direct tune digits as they are entered. Invalid digits aren’t accepted, and mistakes can be cleared by simply pressing either “FM” or “AM” and starting over.