Fibaro HC2 starting

Hello,

Does anyone has an example of a layout with a few devices in it. I’ve started withTHR, but where not able to switch on / switch off a fibre switch2.

I don’t now what I’ m doing wrong

Thanks already

Br, Bob

Take the Designer out of the equation. Are you able to control a Fibaro switch with just the Home Remote app itself?

If you’ve already loaded a custom HRP you will likely need to load the attached SettingsReset.hrp to revert back to defaults. Then add Fibaro to the app directly. See if you can control your switch with it. If so, great! Now just export a Backup on the Settings page & then open that backup with the Designer. Then you can look at that HRP to see how it is controlling your switch.

SettingsReset.hrp (1.3 KB)

Hi Bill,

I’m able to control a Fibaro switch with just the Home Remote
I made a backup
I’ve installed the backup, but can not see in the designer the settings. It say’s
This content is not available in designmode. It is only in at runtime. To view this page please start the simulator.

So I made already a device in the groups but cannot find where you connect the button to this groupitem

Look at your device to see what templates were assigned to it. Then open that file in the Templates folder. Those are the files being used to control your device.

I might be a fool. But still have no connection with the button

The Tile object itself is the Button. It supports Clicked events just like a standard Button. That’s why you don’t see a Button in SwitchTile.xaml.

Hopefully the last question. Sorry. At the record binding. What will I put there. The device name with or without an addition or the template ?

After testing it succeed. Thanks. Is there still a way to “read” the config of the backup?

I’m not sure I understand. What are you wanting to read?

You’ve asked me to backup the file from the app. In this file I’ve al lot of connections. When I read in into de designer, you cannot see the pages otherwise the notification : "
This content is not available in designmode. It is only in at runtime. To view this page please start the simulator."

When I could copy the pages …

The Backup files use “Groups” & “Templates”. All of those templates are in the Templates folder. You can edit any of those files you want. If you don’t like the default SwitchTile.xaml file, change it. Or if you want to assign a new XAML file to the Device’s templates you are also free to do that. Look at the TileTemplate & DetailsTemplate on each Device, then find that file in the Templates folder. Those are the files you need to edit.

Watch the videos too. They don’t really go over the default Groups navigation & Templates but they will help you edit those Template files. Template files aren’t much different than a normal page. About the only difference is they use @Device instead of specific device names since they can be shared by multiple devices.

1 Like

Hi Bill,

I’ve donated $20,00 for the great response

BR,

Bob

1 Like

Got it! Thank you very much Bob!