Fibaro Home Center 2 remote access?

I did some reading up on the Dream Machine - I am more familiar with Ubiquiti’s other products (USG, EdgeRouter), and unfortunately I’m not sure the Dream Machine supports what you’ll need to do here. It is a frequent feature request, but the other devices support dnsmasq or the like which allow local hostnames to resolve correctly. I don’t have access to a Dream Machine to look around, so if someone else does, they may be able to help. But what you’re looking for is more advanced DNS configuration.

Now if you really are looking for a project, there are plenty of tutorials on setting up a Raspberry Pi as a DNS server…

if everything is correctly configured you have local and remote access with redirection ports as is the case for me, I find that you do not control your network equipment, it’s Ubiquiti anyway! It takes a minimum of proficiency, I don’t know if here is the place to troubleshoot port forwarding and domain name or Dyndns. I had taken a screenshot of my Unifi backup router but it seems the problem is deeper, I use Mikrotik but I doubt someone here can help me with;) You have to find out how to access from outside to your HC2. When it works, you can access it from the inside, you must not make a loop otherwise you will not succeed (precisely), you have to really take care of the configuration to do this.

Dreamachine or not, this kind of configuration is done on routers that are 15 years old. Dreamachine can do it, as long as your redirects are done! So there is a part to do with DDNS or if you have a domain name you have to go to the control panel of your registar. If you don’t want to see the port on the url and go through the firewalls or corporate proxies, you have to play with https and go through a reverse proxy. It’s more complicated, tried with DDNS and the redirect port in the url. It must work.

1 Like

Related to Domodial’s post, and more Googling - https://community.ui.com/questions/Ubiquiti-dream-machine-NAT-loopback-hairpin-issue/8e78ad8e-8831-4b2f-be8c-1b7b38a8d355

Apparently moving the network subnet may help.

1 Like

Thanks ! Finally I managed to solve it. Apparently Unify Dream Machine does not support NAT loopback (hairpins), in fact this is a bug. Your last link has lead tot the solution:

1. Change LAN Gateway/subnet to 192.168.1/23 Now the range is 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.1.254

2. Change IP adress of the HC2 from 192.168.1.xxx to 192.168.0

3. Change port forwarding FORWARD-IP same way as 2.

In The Home Remote I entered the external IP adress as HostName and the portnumber

And now it works: I can connect to the HC2 both on local network and remote

@amingle @domodial thanks for you help !!! :grinning: :grinning:

Great! That is surprising about the UDM - but I have to imagine Ubiquiti will add that feature at some point. Glad to hear it’s solved.

For many years I had an Asus router so I thought let’s upgrade to one of the best brands and bought a Unify Dream Machine and two access points.
And then this bug…:grin:

with the new firmware and controller I have no more flow on my AP AC, I was forced to downgrade my equipment to find a balance, I was a fan of this brand but they really do anything in terms of development and it’s wasted hours trying to find out where the problem is with so-called STABLE firmware. Yesterday I ordered a Mikrotik AP and soon I will change everything, I warned ubiquiti that it is not serious. The hardware is the same on a lot of brands, they add functionality with their controller that constantly breaks the pleasure of end users.