Fibaro Intercom integration authentication issue

Hi guys,
I’m working on a new V3 project to replace my V2 setup.
To have a smooth transition I want to get most things up and running before switching from V2 to V3.

Currently I try to integrate my Fibaro Intercom doorbel again.
It was in V2 only possible using a Webbrowser control and adding the stream URL including basic authentication credentials.

Now in V3 I would try to integrate it properly.
I have tried all available URLs in HTTP and HTTPs:

I tried to add the URLs in Webimage and Mediacontrol source without success.
I then tried to add an IP Camera and use that in the controls, which also didn’t work.
IP Camera can only be added when I use the https port. But then still I cant get an image from the camera. When I try to add using the http port, the designer tells me “failed to connect”.

However, if I log on to the intercom stream in a browser and use the URL including the token it generates, I can use that URL in Mediaelement and Webimage Source and the image displays correctly.
So I asume I have only and authorization issue with the device?

When I use the Webbrowser control it seems to work when using http URL including autentication credentials. I can’t check on the Android device, as I still run the V2 client app there.
I still prefer to use one of the other elements.
Any idea what I can do to get this running using media element or web image and IP Camera?

here a screenshot from designer.
Media element at top works only when using session token from browser.
Media element at second row left using IP camera never works.
Webimage element at second row right works when using session token from browser.
Media element at third row points to an IP camera device using a public stream.
Browser element at bottom works with http URL including credentials.

Please go to the About screen & make sure that you have the latest version installed. I actually just published a few minutes ago. Then, re-add your IP cameras & be sure to select the “Manual” option. Copy & paste the full URL into the box below Manual. Does this fix your issue?


Hello Bill,
I tried it with version 3.7 installed.

When I hit ok the designer copies the username (email address with encoded @ = %40) into the username field and shows again the error message that it can’t connect.

The only way I can add the ip camera device is adding the token to the URL. But then it still doesn’t display a picture in Mediaelemet/Webimage/Browser.

I can expose the stream to the internet if you want to have a look yourself. I think you did that in the past once with my intercom.

OK. I originally thought it wasn’t working because you were setting the HTTP & HTTPS links directly on the MediaElement. You can’t do that because it won’t support JPEG decoding. You have to go through the IPCamera device. If it’s not working through the IPCamera device then there is a problem reading the stream. Yeah, if you could, expose it to the internet & send me a link. That’ll be the easiest way for me to fix it.

thank you for your support Bill!

I tried a lot of things and get different results in designer and ios app.
I’ll send you the connection details in a PM.

  1. This is working in designer mediaelement:
  • add http link containing a login token that was generated in the camera web software
  • add https link containing the login token as above
    Problem: the token is only valid a specific time.
  1. This is not working in designer mediaelement:
  • add http or https link with inurl basic auth to IP Camera and add that to mediaelement
  • add http or https IP and login details to IP Camera and add that to mediaelement
  • add IP and login details to IP Camera and add that to mediaelement

Because 1. is showing the stream fine, I belive I have “only” an authentication issue.

thank you again for making this great piece of software!

All of your URLs should work in the next release. There were actually a couple issues. There was the authentication issue as you suspected. Also, your MJPEG streams do not include the “Content-Length” header for the frames. The Home Remote was using that to do a single block read when creating the image frame. I’ve made some changes so that, when this header isn’t supplied, it’ll read the bytes in & search for the end rather than just using the “Content-Length” value.

I may do a service release 3.7.1 tomorrow with these fixes. Some of the other changes I’m working on for 3.8.0 aren’t quite ready yet.

hey bill,
thank you very much.
looking forward to continue my work on thehomremote :slightly_smiling_face:

Best regards,