Fibaro VD and HR

hello,

I notice that I do not recover the virtuals devices in the Fibaro HC2 import.

I have a few VDs that took a long time to do. is there a way to get functional VD back to HR ?

Great project Bill :+1::+1:

1 Like

Fibaro virtual devices are supported but you’ll need the Designer. The process is not automated. You’ll need to copy-paste an existing Device object & update its properties. You’ll also need to design some custom pages for them.

Here’s an example I shared a few months ago. This should help get you going.

Thank you Bill ! I test it.

Wow ! Perfect Bill. Work fine ! I’m happy :wink:

@bill

Bill, one question please.
I have buttons that can put variables in a certain state. With VD and home remote it works fine.

Except that the variable is not refreshed quickly, you have to wait 20 seconds.
However, as soon as I press the Home Remote button, the variable is quickly changed on the Fibaro box. But on my remote it doesn’t reflect my reality.

I added a Refrech button but it doesn’t affect. After 20 seconds or less, the variable is correct on HR. An idea ? Thank you

For most Fibaro devices, assuming the Fibaro action (“api/callAction”) was successful, the app will apply the changes immediately. If you made the change on a different phone or tablet, you’ll have to wait for the change to be returned in the API’s “api/refreshStates?last=”. There’s a worker thread in Home Remote that calls “api/refreshStates?last=”, waits 1 second, then repeats. There isn’t a 20 second delay in this loop, so if it’s taking 20 seconds to refresh, it’ likely because it’s taking Fibaro 20 seconds to broadcast the change.

If you want to set up port forwarding for remote access & send me your project, I’d be happy to go online & troubleshoot. What I suspect could be happening is API response from your “api/callAction” is not a recognized success code. So maybe it’s not applying immediately.

1 Like

Hi Bill, and thank you for your response because you got me started !

I looked at my code which had errors for a long time.
The first was a code copy twice (handling error) but the error was here in two places !

fibaro: sleep (60 * 1000)

So now the change of the variable with HR is 3 seconds! wow !!!

Many thanks !

1 Like