Fully Kiosk Settings on Fire HD to conserve battery life

Hi there. Are there anyone using fully kiosk application on Amazon Fire HD tablets? I can’t seem to get the settings right to conserve battery life. Which setting takes up lesser juice from the tablet battery? I tried the black screensaver with tap to turn ON combination but the battery runs out pretty fast. I wish to point out my Amazon Fire HD tablets are unable to stay connected to power. I have to charge them as and when their battery is drained. Appreciate any kind advice please!

I use Fully Kiosk in my Fire HD 10, its wall mounted though and hardwired to power so I don’t have any power issues. I wouldn’t use the black screensaver function cause the tablet is still basically on albeit the screen at a very dim brightness, instead you could use the camera based motion detection to turn the screen on and off. That will probably use quite a bit of battery life as well though.

Have you thought of using the power button to wake the device instead? I think that will be the most ideal way to conserve battery.

Hello Paula!

Thank you so much for your reply. Yes, the screensaver based solution drains the battery too fast.

How is the battery life of the “camera based motion detection to turn the screen on and off” compared to the screensaver solution?

Yes, I tested the power ON solution overnight last night but this morning when I hit the Power ON button, the screen doesn’t show the designated THR app. It was showing the Fully Kiosk app launcher page. I had to tap the THR icon to bring back the THR interface. Is this normal or I missed some settings?

Cant comment on battery life for the motion based option. My best guess that it won’t be really good since the camera is activated the whole entire time.

Set the app to single app mode, and it will default to opening just the home remote app. You can also disable the lock screen so a press of the lock button wakes and unlocks the device seamlessly