GlobalCache use on Home Remote default app

Hello all.

I’m trying to command some devices via IR using the GlobalCache itach flex IP over the default Home Remote app (ie NOT taking my chances on the designer version).

I did manage to get the device IP address on the iHelp.exe. Then add GlobalCache on the HR app settings. Inserted the IP and the infrared port I’m using.

I tried to add a Fujitsu AC and a Sony TV. None of them worked.

Am I missing any step?

Thank you all. Cheers.

Did you assign a fixed IP address to your GlobalCache? I use the IP reservation feature of my router to do this.

If the Cache does not have a fixed IP address, and the address changes, then there could be an issue finding the new IP address.

1 Like

You can easy figure out if your global cach`e works. Just open the browser and type the ip adress. Then should the configuration page opens. In the network tab, unmark the DHCP so you have a fixed IP.
Now you know, if it is the global cache, or the ir codes that is the problem.

1 Like

Thanks Ecis. I have the DHCP disable and the fixed IP for the globalcache device. You mention about the codes. Not sure if I’m missing that step.

Just to make sure: when I add a new controller via home remote default app, for instance the Sony TV, do I still need to download the codes and “upload” them on the itach flex? (If yes, how to do that)

Look the message I get when trying to use it.

I have newer worked directly in the app, and do not know how it loades the code set . I always use the Designer. It seems that something is wrong with the codeset or binding. On top it says SonyTv and the command say SonyTv1?
I recommend You to see Brians videos.

If you are using the Sony TV codes also be aware that it is likely you will need to set the repeat in the codes to 3 as indicated by the highlighted number in the attached image.

Thanks John and PS.
I still have not solved the issue yet. This weekend I’ll try the designer version to add the codes.

I’ll take a look on the repeat 3 you mention. Tks!!

1 Like

For me it was ok to change it to 2 :yum: