Google calendar

Hi,
I want to display my google calendar in the home remote. I have 3 different calendars which I want to display. Each single calendar I can integrate with the google url
https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src= ...
But to displayall 3 calendars in one table I found only the possibility with
<iframe src="https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?height=600&amp;
Is it possible to include the iframe in the home remote instead of the https link.
Hope some of you has an idea.

Another idea could be to include an android widget in the remote. Is there a possibility to do this?

Yes. Use the Html property instead of the Url. Leave the Url blank & copy your iframes into the Html editor window.

Hi Bill, thank you, it works.
Do you know if it’s possible and how to include an android widget which I have on my tablett in the remote? I want to avoid to switch between the android screen with the widget and the home remote.

That is not possible.

Hi All,
I am quite new at THR, and I am looking at integrating my google calendar within Home Remote, but I don’t want to make my calendar public.
Did any of you try to get this working, using the access tokens via the API?
Thanks

I don’t know why that would make any difference. I’d imagine your access token is just a query string parameter on the URL. Just copy & paste the entire URL to the WebBrowser control’s Url property.

Hi Bill,
If my google calendar is not set on public, the shareable link or iframe link won’t work because it requires authentication. I’ll be going along the path, of creating a php script to authenticate with Google, host the values on my local server, and then pass the values through to the THR, will send some pics once done.
Thanks

I see. Yeah, I wasn’t really sure. Sounds good! Definitely share some pics!

1 Like

HI Bill,
I’ve made progress, I have all the data from google calendar, and would like to display it, I believe scroll view is the best option, as I want to be able to scroll through multiple values within the scroll view without scrolling the entire page. I tried to get scroll view working by using the example in another thread but couldn’t convert it to a vertical scroll, is there an example somewhere on how to use scroll view going vertically? Thanks

I think a GridView will probably be the best choice. The ScrollViewer is just a container. You’d still have to design your control layout within just as you would any other page. The GridView can display JavaScript/JSON arrays & it has its own built in scrolling. There’s an example I put together in this post that you can look at.

Thanks Bill, I’ll check it out, for now, I just put labels into the grid, while I get the hang of the app. I’ll give GridView a go over the weekend, see screenshot of the progress so far.

1 Like

Looks great! Sounds good.

Hi Dazcro

Nice layout. How did you Integrated the google calendar. i can only get access to it if I make it public.
hope you have some tips or can share you .hrp i can try to make the changes,
Thanks in advancved
Martin

Does your calendar still work? When I try it says it no longer supports iframe?? Would love a peek at your code since I’m a hack at this!