Google Cast in 3.14.0

Perfect, looking at that template told me exactly what I needed - got it working now. Been a while since I’ve used THR, need to spend a while to refresh my memory with how some of these things work.

Thanks again!

1 Like

Hi Bill
I have Google Nest Mini speakers at home, but HR cant find them…
Does that mean, that Google Nest Minis are not compatible with this plugin?

Nest Mini speakers are compatible.

Bill, they dont show up. HR starts the searching but says Couldnt find any…

Don’t know what to say. I own a Google Nest Mini & it is working fine. Sounds like a networking issue. Make for sure the are working with the Google Home app on your same device. Cycle power on your router, cycle power on the Nest Minis. That’s about the only advice I have.

…and try all of your devices (phones, tablets, PCs, etc). If one device can’t find them you can always copy them over from one that is able to find them. If it’s only your PC that can’t find them, it could be a firewall issue.

Bill i am still unable to find Google cast devices.
What did you mean by "and try all of your devices (phones, tablets, PCs, etc)." ?

How could i try them anywhere, if they are not found by HR, therefore they are not present in HR.

I think he means to try and see if you can access the mini thru apps other than HR. Like the Google home app on your phone or tablet. Or cast apps like you YouTube etc…

I mean try in the Home Remote apps themselves. Don’t only try the Designer. PCs don’t have network discovery enabled by default. PCs also can have firewall/antivirus blocking access. You are less likely to run into those types of issues on phones & tablets.

Sorry Bill, probably it’s me that has skills like a baby gorilla, but i can’t get, how could I try Google nests in the HR app, if they are not present in HR? As they are non discoverable in designer, i couldn’t add them into HR so they are not showing up in HR app at all…

Reset/reinstall the Home Remote app. Click the “+” button in the top right-corner & select “New Device”. The process is pretty straight forward. Then if it finds them, go to the Settings page & create a Backup then open that backup with the Designer & copy them into your project.

1 Like

Hi
I was able to discover them through the APP on my phone.
Thanks

ohh…the backup downloads an invalid.zip file.

Rename the .ZIP extension to .HRP

Hi Bill.
Can we talk in PM?
Can you please give me an email address where we could talk about some custom order?

What oh what does zeroconf service not connected mean, when I try to connect Google cast?

You will usually see this error when you are away from home. You need to be on the same WiFi network as your Google Cast device. This is a local access only integration.

Hi Bill

I was talking to a developer at Ezlo / Vera and he says there is only a cloud API for controlling Google Cast devices.

So I am wondering how you managed to get local control ? Is it an undocumented local API of some kind?

Thanks

I just got an Nvidia Shield TV device. I wonder if Home Remote supports that also?

In the designer on the Google Cast node I tried syncing Devices but nothing new was discovered.

My Android phone can see the “Shield” OK when I press the Cast button to list all the Cast devices.

As far as controlling the shield I used IR via a Itach but I have a 2015 shield which supports IR. The new shields do not. From what I remember there really is nor a simple IP solution but I have been out of the loop since I sold my house and dismantle my whole system until I buy a new house in which case I will pick up and probably start over. Never tried cast.