Google Cast - what device?

Hi, super newbie here. I’ve successfully linked my Google Cast devices and brought them back into designer. How do I create a tile that shows what is playing on my home mini? I used page browser / mediaplayerdetails.xaml but I’m unclear as to the device I should choose (so many options for just my single google mini device.)

Also, any way to integrate Pandora or Amazon music into the dashboard?

Making progress!

There are 3 different ways you can do this:

A) Use the built-in Groups navigation. I usually recommend new users start with the apps 1st, no Designer. Then if you want to customize your project, export the config using the Backup utility on the Settings page. That’ll give you an HRP that you can import & edit with the Designer.

B) Use the DeviceBrowser control. Create a Group & add your Cast device to that Group. Then set the Group property on the DeviceBrowser to the Group you created.

C) Use the PageBrowser (like you are currently using). All you have to do is select the Page, which you’ve already done, then on the Device property dropdown, select your Cast device. That’s it. That’s the step you are missing here. Both the Page & Device properties need to be set on that control.

Hi Bill,
Like this then?

There are so many binding devices that I’m unsure which to choose.

No. For what you are doing, you want a fixed value for this control. Select the “Value” radio button then you should see a drop down containing just the devices, not attributes. After it’s set & when you return to the main properties pane, it should look like KitchenSpeaker. No Binding, No Attribute.

Thanks Bill, that worked great.

Do you have any documentation on adding to this something like Pandora / Amazon Music so you can select music?

I added my Yamaha receiver too - that was super simple. The Google stuff is a bit more complicated.

There isn’t any way to browse & select Pandora / Amazon Music for Google Cast devices. Sonos, Yamaha, Denon, Onkyo, are really the only integrations that support that functionality.