Hardwired Security System Recommendations

Does anyone use The Home Remote with their security/alarm system?
I’m looking specifically into wired systems.

I use my DSC alarm plugin with my Vera and i can see all my alarm zones in The Home Remote app, however i do not see the partitions so i am not able to arm/disarm the system. I did post a feature request for that but does not look like it will happen.

Yes. I do it through Homeseer.
My DSC alarm has a EVL-4, talking to the corresponding HS plugin.
So HR has detailed info of the status of each alarm zone, and can do fancy things like flashing colors on screen when certain zones are triggered.
Also, on HS i made a virtual device with a string listing of every open zone, that I share with HR too.

how are you arming and disarming partitions? I havent found a way to do it through HR

I only use HR for monitoring, not to operate the alarm panel.
But HS has a device just to arm or disarm the panel at the touch of a button, so HR should be able to access it.

Is HS an acronym for HomeSeer? If so, what do you think about the possibility of Home Remote communicating directly with the ELV-4 so there was no need for HomeSeer to be part of the equation?

Yes. HS = Homeseer.
The EVL-4 has a web interface that could be scrapped, but if you do it by polling the signals may not be immediate enough for your needs, depending on your polling frequency.

I believe the Homeseer plugin uses something more low-level (look for the EnvisaLink TPI Programmer’s Document) but haven’t look it into too much detail since the plugin is good enough for my needs.

The API docs are here. Although I’m not sure that I’d recommend going the plugin route. Looks like its controller only accepts a single connection. Anything that only allows 1 connection isn’t going to work well with Home Remote where multiple apps could be trying open & trying to connect.
http://forum.eyez-on.com/FORUM/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=301

“The Envisalink listens on port 4025 and will only accept one client connection on that port. Any subsequent connections will be denied.”

If the OP has a hub and uses the respective plugin for EVL-4 all that would be needed in HR is the support for a device type for alarm partitions, since all the zones show up already

Indeed. I can attest it only takes one connection. The other choice is to scrape their web interface, which is very barebones.