Honeywell Total Comfort Connect Status

Are any users having issues with Honeywell thermostat devices in the home remote, refreshing with status UNKNOWN refreshing every 5 seconds with moments of the temperature being displayed and then back to unknown?

I have recreated the issue on an Android device and iPhone.

Problem for about a week now.

Yep! Same here. I’ve seen Honeywells servers having issues plenty of times and usually clears up but this has been going on a long time.

I tried deleting and adding it back but same thing.

Might need @bill for this one…

The request to subscribe to live device updates from the TCC servers is currently failing. That is what’s causing the blinking. I’ve sent an email to Honeywell’s API team with the exact error I’m getting hoping they can provide some more information. If necessary, I may have to remove the live subscriptions & just poll the devices periodically. I’ll report back.

3 Likes

Is there any update on this. Did Honeywell change their API? Not able to consistently control 6 thermostats on the home remote with intermittent refreshing still.

They have found & fixed the issue. Last week, they rolled the update out to their staging environment. I will let you know once they roll it out to production. I imagine that should be sometime soon.

1 Like

Thank you! Hopefully it will release soon.

Seems to be up and running. Noticed late last night temps were displaying and the status seems to update quickly.

Thank you for looking into this, Bill!

Yes, no problem! Joe from Resideo sent me an email earlier today saying the fix was rolled out to production. Should all be good now.

1 Like

The issue has reappeared albeit different. Every time I launch the home remote, it goes to a Honeywell login screen to add my thermostats.

I have deleted and readded the devices but the issue reoccur.

Flashing unknown and asking to login to Honeywell and readd the thermostats

I’m not seeing this. Is this happening in the designer and on the app? If you log into the honeywell total connect comfort, in User Account, try unsubscribing then open THR and log in… see if that helps.

The issue is on the following devices

Windows Surface pro 7 (W11)
Galaxy S20+ (Android 12)
iPhone SE (IOS12)

I did unsubscribe and remove THR from the Honeywell account page which resubscribes when you add devices back in THR.

The issue remains. Every 5 seconds the app refreshes and goes back to the Honeywell login screen. I login in, and 5 seconds later, login screen appears. A login refresh cycle while the polling and updating status says UNKNOWN for each device.

Are any other users experiencing this issue as it relates to Honeywell?

My thermostats are accessible on both the ALEXA app and in my HOMESEER system. THR is the only interface forcing an endless login loop.

Mine appear to be working fine. I’m no longer seeing the issue.

1 Like

Hi Bill. Was a change made to the device plugin?

After your post…I did delete all of my thermostats, Honeywell account from THR and unsubscribe the thermostats and then re-added everything and it works! I have two locations with 5 thermostats and two Honeywell accounts, and everything is as it was before again.

Whatever you did, thank you!

@bill
Can we talk about how much the honeywell servers suck? lol Isn’t there limits to communication to prevent taxing their servers (ie: lots of t-stats with dedicated THR tablets running 24/7)? Does this limit apply to both polling and subscribing to live updates? I thought I read about this somewhere but I cannot find it now.

I’m pretty sure this is what happening to me… Temps/status becomes stale and I have to refresh THR.

Edit: is there a way to force a refresh periodically?

Most thermostat integrations limit API calls to once every 3 minutes. TCC is event based but they don’t send the changes out immediately. It can take a minute or 2. How long is it taking? Is it more than 5 minutes? I don’t think there is going to be a whole lot I can do.

I see that SmartThings supports TCC now. What you could do is link TCC to SmartThings & SmartThings to Home Remote. Maybe that will work better for you. I know that’s a common work around for some other devices. Or Home Assistant.

If the event based services are no longer working reliably I could look into doing polling like the Honeywell Lyric integration. That integration polls every 200 seconds. So about once every 3.5 minutes.

Typically I see changes pretty quickly… after making a set-point change, the status changes to heating/cooling within 10 seconds or so.
The lockups are random. I’ll walk by my tablet and notice the temperature is wrong or notice it says heating when it’s not (it must have lost connection while it was heating). It’s hard to remember but it seems like it got worse when I added more t-stats.

I love how quickly the event based updates are. I have TCC pulled into HA (polling) and it’s rather slow… 5 minutes. I could pull that into THR if it comes to it.

I have to do more investigating. Funny… I just tried to log into the TCC app and got “login failure: to many attempts”. Three of my four t-stats say they lost internet connection. Good grief.