How control multiples light bulb level with just one slider?

Hello,

So, I have 4 light strip and they are dimmable and I’m trying to dim all of them together with one slider.

I tried to use the MultiBinding, but I thinking that I’m missing something.

Thanks.

MultiBinding is really just for the Text property on a Label. It allows you to display multiple values with one Label. It can’t really be used for the Slider. I don’t really have a good solution for this at the moment. It’s something I need to think about because I know others have been wanting to do this too.

1 Like

Hey @bill,
Thanks for your reply, don’t worry about this, probably I will not do it at this time and wait for a further solution.

Best regards

+1 for this feature request.

I’d like to control both my table lamps with one tile / slider for on / off Dimming them etc.

I can do this in Imperihome they had a feature where you could create a Widget Composite global switch or dimmer switch and you can then just select different lights to be associated with this widget.

I hadn’t really looked into if this was possible with Home Remote yet, but it was on my to do list, but I just saw this thread now.

@cw-kid since I know you at a Vera user this can be accomplished with Reactor.

I’ve not started using Reactor yet I am still using PLEG.

So how does it work with Reactor does it create a virtual device in Vera that controls multiple lights ?

I transitioned to Reactor from PLEG about 2 years ago. It is far more capable than PLEG. You would set up expressions for levels in reactor for each of the lights involved and you would only use HR to control one of the lights and Reactor will be able to mirror level to each of the lights you define in the Reactor action. The condition would be keyed to level and action triggered on value change from any to any.

Just found this “Submasters” plugin for Vera, may give that a go.

I was planning to eventual migrate my logic rules from PLEG to Reactor, however as the author has said he has given up on Ezlo development I will be holding off.

No point learning Reactor if its not there on the Ezlo hubs and I have lots of PLEG rules so not a simple task to migrate.

Also look into Switchboards virtual dimmer. I know the developer had mentioned he wanted to expand its capabilities to do this. I am not sure if it was implemented at this point but it is worth checking out.

2 Likes

Also keep in mind you can implement this one task in Reactor and still run PLEG. They work well together.

1 Like

Yep, Submasters looks like it could be the ticket. I think it would depend on if you can turn it on and off via HR. In Reactor you would need a virtual switch to represent on and off to add to the condition

Its working with the “SubMasters” Vera plugin, see here.

I needed a little help with the code for my virtual dimmer device in Vera, however its working now and I have a single tile in Home Remote to control two lamps.

1 Like

@Tarkus you gave an excellent idea.

I’ve created a virtual switch at the SmartThings, with all I needed, dim, color, color temp, etc.

Now I can control all of my light strip with HR.

Thanks

1 Like

Great, glad to hear!

There was a fatal flaw in my decision to use the Vera plugin SubMasters it’s only one way control.

So if I operate the lamps by any other means than the master virtual dimmer device in Vera it gets out of sync and then Home Remote is out of sync.

Back to the drawing board on this one for me.

Reactor should work, when you manually adjust lamp reactor can mirror the level to the virtual dimmer.

1 Like

Finally got round to looking at this again.

I have a working solution now using PLEG, full instructions on this thread:

1 Like