How do you make tile elements clickable and not the tile itself?

I have device collection where the devices specify a custom tile (copied version of the “DimmerTile.xaml”). I have added a button to my custom tile and removed the event trigger from the tile. I dont want to push the tile itself, just the elements on the tile. When I start the project, none of the button elements are clickable, not even the original ellipse button, but instead, the whole tile pushes. I have also tried to uncheck the grid/IsHitTestVisable box on the grid. I am still trying to learn this, so I am sure I am missing something, but after playing with it for two hours, I am stumped.

Make sure your Button is on top of all of the other elements. Items on top are at the bottom of the Outline.

I believe that is what I have…???..

Yes, that should work. When you click that button it should not active the button press for the tile itself. Are you saying it’s not doing that?

No… The whole tile pushes down. Here are the element settings I have.

The two "Label"s and the “Button” were not altered at all from the original tile.

It’s working fine for me. Can you please send me your file so I can test it?

And if you could, record a video or screen capture of what happens when you click that ImageButton.

What is the best way to share that file, and not have my secure information in it… passwords, accounts, etc.?

Just delete it. You don’t need to send me the file that has your credentials. The issue you’ve reported here is only a UI issue. You & me should both be able to replicate it without actually connecting to devices.

Ok… I emailed the files to the support email address.

The reason it’s not working is because you’ve unchecked the IsEnabled & IsHitTestVisible on the containing Grid. That means that the Grid & all of its children, including your ImageButton, will not respond to press events. You need to enable both of those options. This is why I was unable to recreate the issue myself. I was unaware that you made those changes to the Grid.

That was only due to one of my troubleshooting steps. Originally they were checked. If I go back and enable them both, the behavior is still the same.

No it’s not. I rechecked both of those options in your file & works as it should. Please try again. I’ll also email you the file.

Sooo… Interesting. Your copy of my file does work. However, if I go back to my copy of the original file and check the boxes, it does not work. I provided the same file I originally provided, but with the two boxes checked. Wondering what behavior you see.

The file you just sent works for me.

So that is bizarre. Works for you no matter what, but the only one that works for me is the one you modified. Very strange.

I even tried a system reboot. Behavior is still the same. The app did crash a couple iterations ago of the file. Wonder if something was corrupted? Installed version is 3.15.0.0. Seems this is latest version as I removed the app and reinstalled from the store, got the same version, but behavior on that file is still the same. I could just use your file and re-enter the security information, but still gives me pause as to whether there is some issue with the data file.But why would you be able to use the file without issue? Something very strange going on.

4.1.4.0 is the latest. I haven’t been updating the Store version regularly. To stay up to date, use the version from the website.

https://downloads.thehomeremote.com/designer/index.html

Updating to that version resolved the issue. Still weird, but very happy that it is now working. Thank you again soooo much for working through this.