How to do a Label with Window Shade current state? SOLVED

Hi

The default tile for Window Coverings has no state information, for example is the shade Open or Closed? Or what is the percentage of the roller shutter module 0% to 100% ?

I’d like to have a label that says “Opened” or “Closed” and another label that shows be the shades current percentage.

Is this possible ?

I looked at the Contact Sensor tile it’s label has a Binding of @Device.Contact

I tried a binding of @Device.WindowShade but I get “Unknown”.

How do I know / see what @Device. objects are available and I can use ?

Thank you.

I then tried using the binding @Device.Switch instead, this kind of works.

When the blind is closed my label says “Off” and when the blind is opened my label says “On”

So how can I make the label say “Opened” or “Closed” instead.

Also I don’t know how to display the roller shutter modules current percentage.

Cheers.

EDIT:

I can do state icons:

Blinds or Curtains Opened:

Blinds or Curtains Closed:

Would be really nice to have the label said Opened or Closed as well.

Instead of binding the “Text” property to @Device.Switch, you can create DataTriggers to write anything you want to the label Text.
Try the following:
Remove the binding from “Text”. (you can leave blank or put something like “updating” if theres delays)
Create a DataTrigger for the different states (in this case, a DataTrigger for On and another for Off).
Example for On:

You’ll now make another DataTrigger for Off

Depending on the shades, you may have a @Device.Level which will give you %. Personally, I prefer level for anything thats variable like dimmers and shades… it could be open only 1% and say open otherwise

1 Like

Sweet that works nicely !

I have some other Switch tiles that just say On of Off now I can change them to more appropriate text.

Thanks very much.

I will try the Level next fingers crossed.

Watch my tutorial from 18:20 and you will have your answer. However you will be using a data trigger vs a multi data trigger that my example uses.

1 Like

This doesn’t seem to work for the Blinds a Qubino DC Flush Shutter or for the Curtains a Fibaro Dimmer 2 module.

Should it ?

Just tried @Device.SwitchLevel instead but that doesn’t appear to work either.

Blinds:

Curtains:

I would imagine those devices spit out the level but, I do not know them so, I’m not much help there.

They act just like dimmers 0 to 100 %

I’ve added a new dedicated label for @Device.SwitchLevel, I think this is setup correctly, but in the emulator I just see nothing there where this label is located.

Edit:

It is @Device.Level

I still don’t know where I can find out / see the various @Device.XXXX different options I can use?

I thought they were linked to the Devices Capabilities but appears not, or they are not named the same as its capability is “SwitchLevel”

@Device.Level. You solved the open / closed issue?

Yes its working now thanks.

1 Like

Instead of typing in “@Device…”, Try typing the actual device name and it will drop down with the different options. Once you know your options, Put it back to @Device.xxxxx

1 Like

hi guys,
have a data triger for this @device.Level?

I;m so tired to try solved a problem…
I have a Tuya devices…
Im using Smart Life APP to configure the system, but the HR doesnt reconize the feedbacks (more than 10 minutes to the status update)…
… I solved this feedback problem with the SMART THINGS APP… so I upload my devices to the HR with my SMART THINGS account… : )

my problem is with MOES CURTAIN MODULES and with WALL CURTAIN SWITCHs…

MOES CURTAIN MODULES are reconized like a WindowShade Devices but dont bring a LEVEL Capibility… so a can´t Use a SLIDER

WALL CURTAIN SWITCHs are reconized like a SWITCH Devices and havent a Value for Stop or Pause
sorry about my poor english… Im from Brazil…

thanks for all Help

JP