How to use iLearn Codes in latest Designer version

I am a newbie to The Home Remote Designer software on Windows. I got started by watching the training videos. I do not know how to use the GlobalCache remote control codes I learned with my iTach device from Global Cache in Home Remote Designer.

According to the videos you manually add these codes or code sets. According to the latest version, these are handled by the Designer automatically, which is fine for the codes fro the online database, but what about ones I learned and have in text format? Where and how do I use those? A few of my devices I had to use learning as their codes from Global Cache do not operate my devices.

The training videos I found so far, all used the previous versions of the software, it seems.

The.code sets are imported from global caches database but can be altered after the import. You can copy and paste the codeset into a text editor like notepad ++ then just add your learned codes following the same format. Just try to keep the names consistent between codesets. For example if “Power on” is the name for a imported device then use the command name “Power on” for a power on code you manually add to a different codeset. Consistency is important when using device and page browsers which you may use when you get into designing your project. When all is set with your edited code just copy and paste the text back into HR.

Thanks for the quick response. One last (possibly embarrassing) question … How do you get to the actual codes once you see the devices under Global Cache? I do not seem to be able to get to the underlying code sets for me to add to? Also, say I have a device like my Technics Cassette Tape deck, which is not on Global cache. Can I add a “Virtual” device or something so that I can edit that to copy and paste the learned iR codes into?

I hope I am not missing something obvious here like looking for the actual files (I did but did not find them yet)!

Sorry for the stupid questions…
Screenshot 2022-04-06 104208

Click the GlobalCache Group and not the individual devices (i.e. PioneerDvd) then select then click what is highlighted in orange in my example. Once in the Collection Editor, click to highlight a device under items and then click what’s highlighted orange in my example. You can probably dupe one of your existing codesets, rename it and edit it for your cassette player. Just be aware that there are more than one places you will need to change the name of the set. I have never tried this myself but in theory it should work.

I just added a random Philips TV code set to HomeRemote. Copied it, and pasted the whole code set into notepad. Deleted the number of codes I needed, and paste my own codes. I used number 1-10 and then used codes from a Hue sync that I got from ilearn. Worked perfect.

1 Like

Thanx everyone! Got it and sorted it out!