Increase life in HR

Hi Bill,

I have an idea, but I’m not sure this is a good idea for you :wink:

Would it be possible for HR to go even further in the reality of what he is proposing.
Let me explain : Suppose a page with the photo of the living room with 3 lights off.

In this image, there would be buttons to turn on the lamps, but not necessarily !
Pressing a lamp would actually turn on the lamp in the image.
I don’t know if this is called the TrueImage. For example 2 images, one on and the other off.

By setting invisible areas on the lamps, it would be possible to see the on and off state as if the situation were real. I think it would take more than 2 images because taking into account the reflection of a single lamp if the others are not lit, the reality would be degraded.

I am thinking more of an overlay of images.
I don’t know how it works but it would be an amazing feature.

This is possible and has been discussed on the old forum.

https://groups.google.com/g/thehomeremote/c/9Rm_QyTWhus/m/lXSKKJwbBQAJ

Also see my short 4 minute tutorial on how to create overlay images in Photoshop.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ao-vabBdIS3UgZEbQ5Q_VD-cZmzzIg

1 Like

Thanks John,

I understand now.
The format of the images is .png ?

Does the large number of images weigh down the HR application?

I was a graphic designer for 15 years, but I changed jobs 3 years ago and I no longer have photoshop, I doubt that I still know how to use it. I will try on https://www.photopea.com/ :joy:

Try Gimp, it is open source. I believe masking in Gimp is simular to Photoshop. If what you are trying to accomplish is not too time consuming I can help you out as well. I work as a photo retoucher.

1 Like

Yes PNG with transparency. Definitely feather edges to avoid hard edges that may be noticeable. number of images may impact performance or possibly stability but I have really not heard of any complaints from people that have setup these virtual floor plans. Give it a try.

I just installed Gimp I will get by :wink:
I have to take realistic photo combinations.

What I want to do does not have the same spirit as the 3D format. I would stay here again as soon as I moved on to something clean.

Thanks John !

1 Like

It actually works very well!! My .hrp is over 13MB and it doesn’t seem to load down HR at all. No stability issues.

It took a good bit of work to get it done… you need a lot of images as you can imagine. The images must be the same resolution. If there is only one light in the image its easy but, it gets tricky if you have more than one light. Certain images may need to be in front of others depending on the layout. You’ll have to play with it to figure it out.

The process went something like this for me:
Created a floorplan with the lights off:

Then I created a floor plan with the light on that I wanted to animate (my garage in this example):

I brought that image into gimp, gave it a transparent background (because the resolution must stay the same), and erased all but where the light shined:I believe I gave step-by-step instuctions in the link john posted above.

There are many ways to do this and what you are doing will change how you need to lay it out. For a floorplan, I created a grid and put every image (ImageElement). I used DataTriggers to change the “IsVisible” property.

You could do it simply by using DataTriggers to toggle between two images.

Some more examples:

I could keep going on about this but i’ll leave it at that lol

Looking forward to seeing your creation!

Indeed it is beautiful !

I’ll have to wait some more to do this kind of work.
I have a lot of things to do and unfortunately not a lot of time.

I am in the process of migrating to another home automation system which will take a long time to learn because the language changes completely from what I have today (Fibaro) and I no longer know where to have a head.

and i’m thinking that when i go to do that i will totally lose HR because it doesn’t support my new home automation! I just caught a cold immediately because I hadn’t thought of that. It is impossible for HR to support it because the system is too locked. Shit !

there will be Chinese things that will still work but they are not in sufficient numbers to play with HR. It’s a decision that was taken 2 days ago, I hadn’t thought about HR’s failure in my life.

Hi Jdamore,

Sorry to bring up an old topic and question if you’ve already answered, but what did you use to create the 3D render of the floor plan?

Thanks!

http://www.sweethome3d.com/

Easy to use but, let me know if you have any questions

1 Like