IP Camera and Android 4 Kit Kat

Running basically the same HRP file on 2 different android tablets, one tab is Android 5 or 6 and other is running Android 4.4. Both tablets are updated to HR 4.4.7 and I have the screen size correctly set for both tablets (KitKat tablet actually has slightly higher DP) Cannot get the Android 4.4 tablet to display my IP camera stream - just a black screen. Other tablet works fine and designer shows stream. For test, I “added a device → IP Camera” from the tablet and filled in same IP address, user, PW and port and when I hit the save icon, it tells me I entered incorrect user name password. I have verified the correct credentials are entered, but still getting incorrect password error. Thinking it may be an issue with KitKat 4.4 support ??

It could be a compatibility issue. There are quite a few differences in the version jump from KitKat 4.4 to Lollipop 5.0. You’ll find that many apps nowadays don’t even support KitKat. Actually, The Home Remote app didn’t for a very long time. It’s certainly possible that some things will not work on KitKat. Sorry I don’t really have a better answer for you, but you may need to buy a new tablet:)

Your answer is perfectly acceptable as I do realize this is an old tablet. I use this old tablet for a specific purpose with HR and it meets that need - even without the IP cam. Thanks Bill.