Is there TypeScript version of Plugin?

I’ve gotten really used to writing all my target javascript Typescript. The number of errors that make it into my javascript drops dramatically when I start with TypeScript. So,I was wondering if there was a “sanctioned” version of plugin.ts anywhere.

Running a quick compile is VS Code or Studio sure saves a lot of time - not to mentioned the syntax directed editor.

I got a start on reverse engineering things. But I thought I’d bounce it off the group.

Sorry, there is not. Plugins must be written JavaScript.

Yep, but when you run TypeScript through the TypeScript Compiler you end up with JavaScript – TypeScript provides strong typing, etc. that some relics like me have learned to love – I realize that I’ll have to cut and paste/import the resultant code back into the Designer…

I was terrible at leaving off a semi-colon or not matching up braces. What I do now when editing my plugins is to Right Click on my plugin Script and the option to Open in File Explorer is there. Left clicking it opens the folder where the plugin scripts are kept. Open with any editor and be sure to save after making changes.

I use Notepad++. I like having multiple scripts open and being able to split view is handy for me. I tend to use a lot of console.log statements when debugging and Notepad++ makes it easy to find and remove any old debug code I had used.

I leave Notepad++ open with files loaded and save after making changes. It would be nice if Home Remote had a setting for a path/filename to use a preferred editor when working with plugin scripts and even editing event driven script files. It sure would reduce the copy/paste steps.

Jerry